Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Warning On After Market CTX 3030 Gaskets!

treasure_hunter

Warning On After Market CTX 3030 Gaskets!

My hunting partner Dave who runs the Minelab Repair center called me this morning and asked me to post this. He is seeing CTX 3030 detectors coming in for repair that have after market battery gaskets that are not Minelab approved and have flooded, be forewarned, if a 3030 comes in to the Minelab repair center that has flooded and has an after market gasket it will void the 3030 warranty...

That's good information to have! We would love to have your friend Dave on the Forum. We could have an ask me anything session.

GKMan said:
That's good information to have! We would love to have your friend Dave on the Forum. We could have an ask me anything session.

Sorry, he really doesn't post on the forums, he has his hands full in the repair center since his brother Barry's death along with his other responsibilities at Kellyco. I can get answers to questions you have, as I am in contact with him daily and I visit the repair center several times a week since i retired..... I have learned a lot from Dave..

I don't blame him for not being on forums....He would forever be answering questions. Very good to know that we know someone that knows someone.....Thanks Treasure_Hunter

cant believe people even would not realise that leaving an after market part like that in there is not going to get someone's attention :lmfao:

anyway ctx is splash proof not waterproof :poke:

AJ

Ha, stop trying to get something started...

amberjack said:
:poke: :jump:

well mine is :ranting:

not much else happening around the place !!

AJ

Yes, you are right. It's quiet... Tooooooo Quiet!

amberjack said:
cant believe people even would not realise that leaving an after market part like that in there is not going to get someone's attention :lmfao:

AJ

No kidding! It doesn't take a rocket surgeon!

tumbleweed.jpg

AJ

treasure_hunter is a good guy!-----He helped me even back several years ago.----He might not even remember it but I do & have always appreciated it.-------Thanks for this latest info treasure_hunter---and enjoy your retirement!:thumbup:--------------Del

yeah you have to remember to put the crappy stock gasket back in BEFORE you send it back. If the original gasket was so good I do not know why they redesigned the whole seal area. I do not think the problem is aftermarket seals, it is people using the WRONG SIZE aftermarket seal

This could be an example of someone buying a used machine and not realizing that the original gasket was switched out by the previous owner. I bought mine used and have no idea whether the gasket is stock or aftermarket, but I'll make darn sure to check if I ever have to send it in. Hopefully, since I don't take it swimming I won't have to do that. ;)

mrwilburino said:
This could be an example of someone buying a used machine and not realizing that the original gasket was switched out by the previous owner. I bought mine used and have no idea whether the gasket is stock or aftermarket, but I'll make darn sure to check if I ever have to send it in. Hopefully, since I don't take it swimming I won't have to do that. ;)
The "original" gasket is red

D&P-OR said:
treasure_hunter is a good guy!-----He helped me even back several years ago.----He might not even remember it but I do & have always appreciated it.-------Thanks for this latest info treasure_hunter---and enjoy your retirement!:thumbup:--------------Del

thank you for the compliment..

mrsspk said:
yeah you have to remember to put the crappy stock gasket back in BEFORE you send it back. If the original gasket was so good I do not know why they redesigned the whole seal area. I do not think the problem is aftermarket seals, it is people using the WRONG SIZE aftermarket seal

No you dontt use the original gasket, minelab has released a new updated gasket for the excal that works on both new and old...

GKMan said:
amberjack said:

Ha! It's not tumbleweed bad..

arh those tumblin tumblin weeds , remember that movie city slickers ?

funny movies.

doesn't take much to amuse me even a splash proof minelab is no fun compared to those tumbling tumble weeds :wave:

gotta have laugh every now and then yes? :bouncy:

AJ

D&P-OR said:

thank you for the compliment..

mrsspk said:

No you don't use the original gasket, minelab has released a new updated gasket for the excal that works on both new and old, it is grey......

Don't clean the gasket and perimeter and keep it free of sand ... any size gasket will leak. That is the most likely cause for a leak. The thin red OEM gasket was obviously inadequate for the job. The creation of a new thicker gasket is proof enough of that.