Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Was able to get two hunts in this week at two different parks

diggervance

Hey Guys,

Was able to sneak 2 hunts in this week and did ok.
1920 merc
2 war nickels 43,45
1908 i.h.
13 wheat's
1919s - 51
Thanks for looking
DV

Looks like you did very well DV. Silver and an IHP. That's a great day in anyone's book.

Hey E.S.E.

IT was just about 6 or 7 inches and came in at 9-36. I used the cleaning trick that Ohio Coinhunter sent me when I found the 2 cent piece. Here is the before shot

DV

Here is is his tip

Pour 2 ounces of hydrogen peroxide in a small glass or coffee cup, heat it up in the microwave and then drop your coin into it. It will fizz for quite a while and loosen up that crust. I've done it on a few crusty tokens and it helped clean them up. Not 100%, but but enough to get more details.

hey DV.....i have tried the warm peroxide method and a ton of others
the #1 method beyond any comparison for my coppers and nickels is super fine steel wool AFTER the coins are fully dry
i barely even rub them after they come from the ground and i let them dry for several hours
and with gloves on, i buff the Indians, wheaties, largies, V-nicks, buffs,2 centers, etc with super fine puffy steel wool and the coins come out amazing!!
if they are really pitted or corroded, it works less well but the other methods are always wayyyyy worse!!!

diggervance said:
Here is is his tip

Pour 2 ounces of hydrogen peroxide in a small glass or coffee cup, heat it up in the microwave and then drop your coin into it. It will fizz for quite a while and loosen up that crust. I've done it on a few crusty tokens and it helped clean them up. Not 100%, but but enough to get more details.

That's a beauty of a coin, Great going!