Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Washington and Wheat

hubbler

Got out for a little while on Monday and found a couple of keepers. From some posts I gather that wheaties aren't keepers in everyone's eyes, but I kinda like them. Think everyone considers the 1945S Washington a keeper, though. Headed through Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon and Washington for the next 10 days to 2-weeks and hope to get some time on the machine.

I do count wheats myself. I count anything before 1964 the year silver stopped except for Kennedy halfs so I tend to keep and collect anything before 1964 even in my pocket change.
I keep the 1964 -1959 memorials separate from the wheats though in different containers. I like to keep my finds to admire till I get really old then pass them on or sell all. I'm 57this year so hopefully have many more years left to hunt and find things.

I am a '58 product as well and hope to be able to do this hobby for years to come. My dad turns 83 this year and has been detecting since I was a pup...and he detected until about a year ago...

Yeah a '45 Washington is a definite keeper, congrats on the wheat too.
I have been and still keep all my wheats though i haven't been out detecting for a few weeks now!

They're definitely better than finding a copper Memorial or worse a crusty zincoln.

Way to go on the finds. Good luck on your long detecting road trip. I'll bet your dad has made some awesome discoveries in his time! Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

It's actually a trip to visit with the wife's family and friends in the NW, but am sure I'll get to detect several parks and a farmhouse or two along the way.

My dad has found lots of interesting things and every time I'm back there (SW Virginia) he brings out bags and boxes of stuff. He's probably most proud of his civil war finds--a few complete cannonballs, spurs, buckles, buttons, and boxes of bullets. And while he was able, he really enjoyed the competitive hunts held back east. He's not physically able to detect any longer, but he still enjoys talking and telling stories about it.

Will post any interest finds should I do any good.

Nice finds brother... All mine are keepers.. I have mason jars and I separate them by decades,plus I have a wheat penny folder that I'm trying to fill with found wheat's. Keep up the great work

Glad to know I'm not alone in the wheatie collector club.

Thanks to all for looking and responding.