Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Washington Hatchet ?

Found this last week and as of yet gotten no guesses on it. It's small measuring 1"3/4 x 1". May have had a wooden handle on it also. Found in a neighborhood that dates back to mid 1700's so it's hard to date it. Found it in two pieces. Just thought it was an interesting piece remembering the old story of George Washington cutting down the Cherry tree. I searched the internet and found nothing so any help would be appreciated. Thanks TMAC

I found several results just searching google for the obvious, 'Washington hatchet toy'. Here's the search result page with plenty like it HERE.
http://image.timepassagesnostalgia.com/watermarked/images01/0121washsouv.jpg
ID'd on a competitor metal detector site as...
"It is the remains of a commemorative stickpin. It had a wood handle and the pin attached at the centerpoint of the back where you can just see the remains. They date to the 1932 bicentennial of old George's birth"
I'm not allowed to link to the competitor website.

Thanks Aarong81 I didn't put toy on the end of my search and didn't come up with your results. Should have "DUG" into a little more. I was hoping it was a political piece from the 1700's. Maybe next time and thank you again.

Well, my link in my first comment was copied & pasted wrong anyways. THIS is the actual google image result but aparently it is better to not trust my links. :blink: I'm just glad I didn't link to something bad since I can NOT edit an old comment after just a short period of time.