Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Water Kit setup options help

relicmeister

I just got a water kit for my Orx because there are a couple creeks I really want to detect in. It looks like the assembly is easy enough, but it looks like there are a few options in how to set it up. It appears you can use the waterproof case for the remote and wear that on your arm or around your neck. Or you can not use that and attach the aerial clip to the remote and the remote to then stem with a water resistant cover.
( or with waterproof case mounted to stem?). I’ve seen the aerial mounted to a fishing pole rod a few feet high too. Finally you can attach the Aerial clip to The WS4 or WS 5 module, and I guess have the aerial wire wrapped around the shaft then up to the headphones. In all cases you are tethered via aerial wire. Although I will only be in less than knew high water, slipping on rocks can happen so the waterproof case is probably the best way so how about gluing the shaft snap on end cap to the waterproof case so it can be mounted onto the shaft? For the Deus lite mode attaching the aerial clip to the WS4 and using them. They are attached to a cap with zip ties so pretty safe from dunking.
What way do you use the Deus or Orx in shallow water? Any recommendations?
Thanks.

i find the kit to be a faff in water as the dangly cable is a pain with the remote around my neck in the bag .still experimenting for the ideal solution

I glued the shaft end cap to the remote bag and fastened it to the shaft. Going to tether the detector so I can let it go when I’m digging targets in the creek. Going to use a lightweight 28” shovel to empty into a tethered floating sifter. Will have a waterproof pinpointer tethered to the sifter if I need it either I the sifter or I the water. Will see how it all works out.

i had another go today with the bagged remote on the pole with the 9 coil in 6 inches of water and found just rusty pieces of steel giving TIDs of 94 96 and showed in the good sector of the XY screen as well .why are they not being rejected as iron ? no small signals becuase my swing speed is too slow due the water ,i can only swing slow like its in treacle ..i might as well swing just over the water at least i can swing faster.. there should be some small targets but i am not picking any up just big pieces of rusty steel ..

gone back to skimming above the water using GMAXX at 4khz and finding deep targets that need a shovel to dig them out