Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

water scoop

fishercz20

Years ago I made a purchase of a Water scoop. Very strong and sturdy. Had a long curved handle and huge bucket with foam flotation around parts of the handle. I think it came from somewhere on the East coast, but I cant seem to locate the person or company anymore. Dont remember what they were called. I had to sell my scoop years ago, but would like to purchase another just like it. Any help out there would be helpful. This would mostly be for fresh water hunting.

are you talking about a miller beach scoop??:clapping:

Is this it? If it is they are not manufactured any more, been a while.

Kind Regards,
Steve

To my knowledge the scoop has not been made in years. There are a few used around at times, but scarce!

Kind Regards,
Steve

I welded up this one quite a few years back... I would guess more than 15 at least.

[attachment 180722 scoop-006.jpg]

It was my first effort [I have made several others as well] The handle has a couple of 'crinks' in it..It does not seem to affect it in any way.

The others I made , I solved that problem by filling the s/s tube with sand before bending it.

You might take a picture to a welding shop and have them make it for you. It is really not all that difficult to make one.

One thing; Make the holes 3/8 or even a touch smaller. That way, you will not miss the smaller items.

Calm seas

Micheal

If so, I will price out my costs.

I would place the cost , for materials only, at less than $10.00... I have enough s/s for about 60-70 baskets. I went to an auction and bought a 20 foot stainless trough for cattle. I paid $20.00 for that. I did get the tubing at a yard sale for a dollar. So that is why my cost was so little. Of course, you cannot take the cost of my TIG welder into that. :):

I would guess, if you had to purchase the materials retail at between $35.00 and $50.00...... but that is only a guess.

Check around and see where you can get the best price. I used s/s...And I do like it for the fact that it is tough and stands up to abuse. If you make one in aluminum, the price should be less. However, they are not as durable.

Good luck

Fair winds

Micheal

Hi Fishercz20,
Here are some more photos I saved off of this forum of that scoop. The one photo named MillerScoop4VariantbyCupajo, the 2 in that photo are not Millers but made by Capajo here on the forum. They look great and have a true spade shovel digging angle!

Hope these help you.

Best Regards,
Steve

George streeter sells them...not the Originals but very close
603-876-4443

http://www.streeter.org/community/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=251

Ron Lord uses one in the Naples Area of Florida...he sold me on getting one...tonisteve I bought the one in your pic's with the brown tile floor..just like detectors, scoops are limited to places they work best..I have used mine in a few lakes, the bay..and no other scoop can compare to how well it works in these places...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvcETc9VZDg

There is a guy on ebay selling scoops just like you want. You have to take a look.