Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

waterproof connectors

Does anybody know where you can get these waterproof connectors for the EQUINOX, I make headphones now for the 3030 and was wondering if anybody knew where I could get these connectors for the equinox it sure would be appreciated. Harold's headphones

Only the testers have seen them, but from the pre-release photos, it looks like this adapter so they should be available. Cant know for sure until they get into the users hands

ETA - this is a Lifeproof case headphone adapter

yea I've been checking around and I even sent a letter to minelab and this is what I got back.

Our headphones come as assembled from the factory, so unfortunately we do not have any separate pieces available through us or our authorized dealers.

Thank you,

Jamie Moeller
Customer Care and BDM Administrator

USA Office

Minelab Americas | 123 Ambassador Drive, Suite 123 Naperville, IL 60540, USA
Tel: +1-630-401-8154 | Email: jamie.moeller@minelab.com

cid:image001.jpg@01D353FA.B4A8D810

Mine lab has them under accessories part number 3011-0369. Says 1/8” end is waterproof but 1/4” end isn’t.

i plan to make an adapter to go between 3030 headphones and equinox socket.

will be fully waterproof

unearth said:
Be sure to let us see the finished product!

Will do.

I have 2 3030's and an excalibur with the 3030 headphone sockets on.

Also 4 sets of headphones with the screw on connector and do not want to loose that investment.

I have spent many an hour trying to find something comparable to the Equinox waterproof headphone connector but to no avail. It is a proprietary connector and my solution is to purchase a few of the equinox adapters when they are available and make a adapter out of them. I already have the CTX/Excal end just patiently awaiting the equinox end. Will post some pics of the completed project when done.

Yes you are right about it being proprietary.

I plan to get a 3030 connector and drill out the centre, insert a 3.5mm jack into that, then use epoxy resin to fix it in place.

robinb said:
Yes you are right about it being proprietary.

I plan to get a 3030 connector and drill out the centre, insert a 3.5mm jack into that, then use epoxy resin to fix it in place.

You're going to do WHAT?!

Before you get all crazy with your plan, you better pay attention to the detector! The connector on the EQ is NOT the same as on the CTX. I'm also 99% sure that the EQ is using an off the shelf connector I posted above.

Yes I know its not the same.

The threaded portion is however the same.

It has a 3.5mm jack on the middle protruding out.

and of course no other pins on inside.

Trust me :)

Interesting. That pic looks different from other pics of the WP connector I have seen.

I think the thread is an M12 like used on the ctx3030.

I hope it is anyhow.

until get hands on detector cant be sure.

robinb said:
Yes I know its not the same.

The threaded portion is however the same.

It has a 3.5mm jack on the middle protruding out.

and of course no other pins on inside.

Trust me :)

This pix shows a 3.5 stereo ( 3 conductor)
The one on the top of page from Jason shows what looks like a 3.5 but it is 4 conductor.
Never seen one before but all my electronic are old or vintage.
BTW the metal screw part could also carry a connection.
Not quite sure what you cats want to do but working with that jack & the small wires and make it reliable is NOT
easy. Its the kind of thing I avoided like the plague. Bottom line is if pre made adapters are out there pony up
& buy them IMHO.

C U later
Tom
LFOD !

Unlikely the screw would carry a connection as it would be very unreliable to do this and it would be in contact with water which would be a horrendous idea.

All pics I have seen are 3 pin for the EQ.

Until see in flesh hard to tell.

I have made a large number of 3030 connectors without problem, though it is a little fiddly.