Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Waterproof headphone volume control

budster

Just ordered my 800, it will be here in a week. But after reading thru the on line manual, I didn't find any info on volume control on the waterproof headphone. Did I just miss it, or does that function not exist? If it doesn't, has anyone found any waterproof headphones with volume control that will fit the 800?:shrug:

You will need waterproof headphones if you plan to submerge the control panel below the water. The wireless signal will not propagate thru the water. The Minelab accessory headphone (not yet available) do not have a volume control from what I see. The 800 itself does have a volume control. There are a few home made connectors available on the web and on the forums along with wiring instructions. Third party headphone suppliers have not been give the OK to use the Minelab propitiatory connector as of yet. I have two GrayGhost Amphibians so I made an adapter from the Equinox audio to the Garrett connector on the Amphibians. That way I have many options for headphone for the use of my many headphones. Be sure to download the full Equinox manual from the Minelab site.

Happy days are just a few days away!

Most of us want to hear weak signals and if sealed most waterproof phones are barely loud enough.I even use aircraft muffs to cut the wind..... noisy on the beach. The ML wireless phones do have volume control buttons.

budster said:
Just ordered my 800, it will be here in a week. But after reading thru the on line manual, I didn't find any info on volume control on the waterproof headphone. Did I just miss it, or does that function not exist? If it doesn't, has anyone found any waterproof headphones with volume control that will fit the 800?:shrug:

Since nobody has a set of the waterproof phones yet, we can only guess at an answer. From the pictures put out it LOOKS like the same phones as the Excal, just with a WP EQX fitting. AS such, they would not have a volume control. Any volume would be set through the detector's menu selection. As dewcon said, those phones are not the best for volume and you will likely need to set your menu volume at max. especially if there is wind

Friend of mine does have them. No volume control.... longer cable w straight cable portion long enough to reach back of shaft approximately 40". He said about 70 db.

dewcon4414 said:
Friend of mine does have them. No volume control.... longer cable w straight cable portion long enough to reach back of shaft approximately 40". He said about 70 db.

What is the decibel reading for the yellow phones on the excal? 70 seems plenty loud, but I'm curios how they compare.

Jason..... I dont have a pair of them. Joe (ole beach nut) showed the comparison between them his skullies and I believe a pair of audio sears. Seems they were like 72 db.

WaterWalker said:
You will need waterproof headphones if you plan to submerge the control panel below the water. The wireless signal will not propagate thru the water. The Minelab accessory headphone (not yet available) do not have a volume control from what I see. The 800 itself does have a volume control. There are a few home made connectors available on the web and on the forums along with wiring instructions. Third party headphone suppliers have not been give the OK to use the Minelab propitiatory connector as of yet. I have two GrayGhost Amphibians so I made an adapter from the Equinox audio to the Garrett connector on the Amphibians. That way I have many options for headphone for the use of my many headphones. Be sure to download the full Equinox manual from the Minelab site.

Happy days are just a few days away!
Do you have a picture of your connection between the Garrett and the Equinox,? How did you wire into the Equinox?

Thanks

On the right is the Garrett PN: 1627800.....$19.95 This is a Z-Lynk adapter cable.

On the left is the Minelab Part No. 3011-0369...40.00 (not confirmed as they are not in stock yet)

Cut and splice the cable wires. Waterproof the connections with either connectors or RTV and waterproof shrink tubeing.

There have been a few home-made Equinox connectors available on the forums / auction sites.

No volume control on them either. But used a decibel meter on them versus the the wireless Minelab headphones. Tony’s read higher on the meter.