Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

waterproof headphone

Just tried out my waterproof headphones for the first time . My machine was not underwater (its to cold now). Just the first 24 inches or so. The main problems seemed to be from not hearing as well with the Koss compared to the minelab head phones. It also didn't help dragging my heavy long handled stainless steel scoop along with the minelab factory detector coil a couple hours. I wish I had a lighter long handled scoop, and perhaps the 6 in coil next time. But the main problem seemed to be not hearing the tones as well. Was it from the coil being underwater or is it the Koss head phones?
thanks

Having the coil underwater or above water, the tones from the detector are the same. If your settings didn't change, any differences you hear would be attributed to the audio reproduction (or fit) of the headphones. JMHO HH Randy

Or buy a set of grey ghost waterproof CTX phones. I absolutely love mine!

Adjust the Volume Limit up to Max (30) if needed. Adjusting he volume gain will only change the volume of the targets (small and deep) ....as you approach maximum, all targets will sound with the same volume.... Adjusting both will help some but depending on your hearing and the ambient noise, may still not be enough...

You can also adjust up the Threshold Level which will help by allowing you to hear the threshold drop out when a target is present.

Using the GGUW or the GGA will help some but not enough for most, the volume out of the CTX to the underwater headphones is just not loud enough through most underwater headphones made today.

Cliff

The 6" coil is really nice, it moves through the water with little drag. When I used it to go water hunting, I left it on for a few months.The 6" is a good investment.

Jim