Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Waterproof Headphones?

goodmore

So is Minelab going to stick us with those yellow uncomfortable piece of crap yellow Headphones? I don't like the G GHOST models either......no volume.

I am still using the Excalibur original Sword Red (over 25 years old) and the 1000's Blue, 1000's of hours on both pair with no problems.
I have 2 pair of the GG Amphibians, they are more comfortable and have a volume control which is needed for the Garrett Infinium and
ATPro. All my headphones have more then enough volume for me, even without my hearing aids in. Of course I do have headphones with
the same impedance required for the detector I am using. Typically 8, 16, 32 ohms, low impedance or 150 up to 600 ohms high impedance.
In my experience a wide frequency range is not needed as detector audio tones are usually single tones of less than 1KHz. Headphones
hat have a range up to 20KHz do not aid to my metal detecting experience. They do increase the enjoyment of listening to music.
The same go for my land headphones also.

Looks like. BUT.....at least we can replace them without changing an end cap. Hold up a little better for snorkeling than most as well. Just crazy how much ML must be making off of them thou. Now would be the time to at least upgrade the speaker..... wouldnt you think? People like Ole Beach Nut has already did the work for you. Now that Ron owns GG we may well see some changes there as well. These things kind of leap frog......... first the improved detector..... then the coils..... then headphones.

Those older headphones are top notch and comfortable.

Next question should be......whose going to be the first to find out where to get that plug in..... then all is solved..... AGAIN.

goodmore said:
So is Minelab going to stick us with those yellow uncomfortable piece of crap yellow Headphones? I don't like the G GHOST models either......no volume.

That very much depends on the Gray Ghosts your on about ?
Buy the NDT's . The volume needs to be at the top but they have the best tones for all Minelabs . Dont forget you have to set the machines sounds up right too to get the best out of them .

goodmore said:
Nobody has even tried the waterproof headphones with an Equinox yet. The image in the brochure really isn't enough to go on to debate.

So it looks like the old yellow models are indeed what Minelab is going with. It also looks like a new connector unique to the waterproof hookup on the detector. Like a standard headphone plug with a screw watertight fitting. Easily seen on the Nox accessories list at Minelab. Those headphones are murder on the ears. I had enough Excals to know that. Looks like mod time already.

I plan on purchasing a couple of the adapters that will be available as Equinox accessories and cut off the 1/4 adapter and add a CTX plug to it. That will solve my waterproof headphone issue.

NorCalGold said:
goodmore said:

Nobody has even tried the waterproof headphones with an Equinox yet. The image in the brochure really isn't enough to go on to debate.

goodmore said:
So it looks like the old yellow models are indeed what Minelab is going with. It also looks like a new connector unique to the waterproof hookup on the detector. Like a standard headphone plug with a screw watertight fitting. Easily seen on the Nox accessories list at Minelab. Those headphones are murder on the ears. I had enough Excals to know that. Looks like mod time already.

They do look similar to the previous "yellow" headphones but without actually trying them on and determining whether or not something has changed from the previous "yellow" version, comments about them are purely conjecture.

The headphone adapter is a great accessory, I'm glad they've included one. I will probably pick one of those up when they are available.

gotta love minelab they make the money off accessory's.. another reason the list price is not the end of the spend.

AJ

amberjack said:
gotta love minelab they make the money off accessory's.. another reason the list price is not the end of the spend.

AJ

Wish i could say they learned it from XP and the Deus but then minelab are owned by a shareholder based company .