Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Waterproof headphones

6-8 weeks out but no pricing info yet!

Ive repeatedly asked Bill Stirling at ML that very same question. They seem to think the waterproof cable and those headphones are accessories......... not needed. But for us water hunters, they are NECESSITIES. I dont want the machine to wade with...... or id still be using my Sov. Not sure how complicated it is to add a different connector not like we are getting upgraded phones...... same ole yellow for the Xcal and CTX. I do know Detector Pro Ron Delgado and ML are working out the details to get the Gray Ghosts out as well.

Dew

I wish we knew. Most of us are waiting for the headphones and extra coils. I agree with dewcon, it shouldn't be THAT difficult to simply have manufacturing put a EQX connector on the same yellow phones instead of the CTX connector.

I know its wishfull thinking, but I can at least hold out hope that the delay is because they are changing the phones to better pads and piezzos.

Just drop a pair of the blues off an old Xcal would be an upgrade........and Christmas would come twice this year. This machine you cant dive with...... so perfect time to give us better phones..... with audiosear speakers.

What would work for now, if we could cut the 1/4 in plug off. Then find a waterproof female connector that will fit the CTX headphone connector. I have no problem finding the male end. I just can not find the female end.
[attachment 355461 PartNo.3011-0369.png]

Chappy

What is your source for the male connector.

Minelab has no stock for the adapter you show.

If I could get one then I would only have the problem of finding the female connector to accept my ATX/ATPro/Infinium connector on my GGA headphones.

If nothing else is available, I'll bite the bullet and cut/splice the wire and waterproof the splice area. I have done that with my Excal coil, before waterproof connectors were available. (like 20 years ago)

That cable is an ACCESSORY. Check digiKey or Mouser for female waterproof M12s. Heres one also.....http://www.newark.com/te-connectivity/t4110002081-000/sensor-connector-m12-rcpt-8pos/dp/97Y2320?ost=T4110002081-000&iscrfnonsku=false&ddkey=http%3Aen-US%2FElement14_US%2Fsearch

they make the female connectors..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sensor-connector-M12-waterproof-male-female-straight-angle-screw-threaded-plug-coupling-4-5-8-Pin/32837681843.html

I am far from handy enough with such things, so I'm just going to wait for one of ya'll to get this CTX phones adapter figured out, then I'll buy one from.

I have a feeling the first person to advertise a fully waterproof EQX to CTX adapter cable will be swimming in more work than they can handle

[size=medium]That m12 connector will not work with the Equinox. That is a 4-5-8 pin connector, the Nox uses a 1/8 audio pin in the center. close but
no cigar. If I could find the correct Male end it is simple to put whatever head phones on it and it be water proof. I have a set of Detector pro Headphones I would love to hook up to my Equinox 800.

Buddy_TX[/size]

Buddy...... hes talking about putting it on the non-waterproof end and attaching it to a CTX connector he all ready has on a pair of phones. Seems to we all we need to do is connect to the correct pins on both sides of the CTX connector??? What am i missing?

Jason..... check out the CTX connector with the SCREWS...... no soldering some of us use them now..... very fast to put together just a little larger.... and they come in 90 degree angle too.

Dew

dewcon4414 said:
Ive repeatedly asked Bill Stirling at ML that very same question. They seem to think the waterproof cable and those headphones are accessories......... not needed. But for us water hunters, they are NECESSITIES. I dont want the machine to wade with...... or id still be using my Sov. Not sure how complicated it is to add a different connector not like we are getting upgraded phones...... same ole yellow for the Xcal and CTX. I do know Detector Pro Ron Delgado and ML are working out the details to get the Gray Ghosts out as well.

Dew

Soooo ML puts out a "waterproof" detector--good to 15 feet,but says waterproof headphones aren't needed. None of my friends are 15 feet tall. This is sorta like their 5 freqs at one time in their multi freq. claim.

doc holiday232 said:

Dew

Soooo ML puts out a "waterproof" detector--good to 15 feet,but says waterproof headphones aren't needed. None of my friends are 15 feet tall. This is sorta like their 5 freqs at one time in their multi freq. claim.

No dumbass, the waterproof headphones simply havent been released yet, nobody said they arent needed. This is a waterprof proof detector, not a dedicated uw detector. Yes, lots of people wish they were available but we just have to be adults, and patient for a little longer.

Why are you so concerned, you said you were not even going to buy one. ???????

dewcon4414 said:
That cable is an ACCESSORY. Check digiKey or Mouser for female waterproof M12s. Heres one also.....http://www.newark.com/te-connectivity/t4110002081-000/sensor-connector-m12-rcpt-8pos/dp/97Y2320?ost=T4110002081-000&iscrfnonsku=false&ddkey=http%3Aen-US%2FElement14_US%2Fsearch
Thanks Dew

IQ-2018 said:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sensor-connector-M12-waterproof-male-female-straight-angle-screw-threaded-plug-coupling-4-5-8-Pin/32837681843.html
Thanks IQ

My Point was you can not use the 4 5 8 pin connector on the Equinox it has a single AUDIO pin in the center, not 4-5-or eight pins. You can not change the female side of the connector because you can NOT open the case. The m12 connector is the right size an shape but has wrong pin set up and is NOT IP68 waterproof rated hence no O ring to seal it.
Buddy

Buddy_TX said:
My Point was you can not use the 4 5 8 pin connector on the Equinox it has a single AUDIO pin in the center, not 4-5-or eight pins. You can not change the female side of the connector because you can NOT open the case. The m12 connector is the right size an shape but has wrong pin set up and is NOT IP68 waterproof rated hence no O ring to seal it.
Buddy
You are correct Buddy. What I want to do is to put a waterproof connector on the other end. Then I can connect it to my ctx headphones. That 1/8 in audio jack is proprietary from what I have been told.

Chappy

chappy(IN) said:

Thanks IQ

No worries, let us know how you get on with the mod it sure would be a cheaper way to go and less gear to cart around is a plus as well.