Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Waterproof headphones

Considering a pair of Waterproof headphones for my Equinox. Any suggestions between the Minelab Equinox Waterproof headphones or the Gray Ghost Amphibian's?
Minelab has a 3 year warranty and Gray Ghost 1 year warranty. Never used either so maybe a warranty is not important as Quality and longevity. Thank you.

Most people complain about the factory phones because they dont fit well which lets in a lot of ambient noise and makes it harder to hear the tones. Some people replace the ear cups on them. Some people buy the phones made by Tony Eisenhower (which I have, and I like them a lot)

I have used the Yellow minelabs for 2 seasons now trouble free, there were no others available at first. My buddy has since bought the grey ghost and I have listen to them for a comparison. Piezo headphones have different sound all together. The minelabs are about 10 to 15 bucks cheaper so not really an issue.
HH Jeff

Paul, one thing to consider is your hearing.

I wear hearing aids in both ears.

Tony

If you are going to wear hearing aids under waterproof headphone and go into the water...

I did once. When I grabbed the headphones to take them off...there went my right hearing aid. I was very lucky that I caught it before it hit the water. It could have been a very expensive mistake. Now I take the hearing aids off and leave them in the car.

I have used both the Minelab and the GG headphones. The GG have volume control and fit more comfortably on my head. I started with the GG on an Infinium, then the ATX and now my Equinox 800. I use the GG almost 100% of the time.

Personally, if I did not detect in the water 98% of the time I would stay with wireless headphones. At the same time, if only an very occasional water hunt, I would use inexpensive land phones with the waterproof connector that fits the Equinox. On land, and using the Equinox, I use the wireless headphone.

Water walker, I do take my hearing aids out when using wired headphones due to feed back.

Also, I only get my toes wet and need to go out deeper but that’s coming soon.

Tony

The Minelab yellows don't fit well and lack volume. The same as the Gray Ghosts on the volume end of things. The Amphibian 2s were to address the volume issue bit I haven't personally tried the 2nd generation. I use a pair of aftermarket made ones...they are the best IMO but I don't think the forum allows mentioning them due to them not being a sponsor.

Hi
who can give some more information experiences about the Gray Ghosts The Amphibian 2s
I am interested in buying one
They are not much for sale in Europe for the Equinox
thanks in advance
Greetings and HH
Antonio
The Netherlands