Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

way up north

nge

Almost made it to the U.P. (upper penninsula) of Michigan Sunday through Tuesday last week. I found out after we got home that the "colors" were at their peak. Don't worry, I thought so too. I always take my camera with me when traveling, sure glad I did this time around. Also found some old barns and fallen down structures. A buzzard, and some "Pure Michigan" color which can be seen year round. The lake pics are Burt Lake in Indian River, Michigan. The rest stop pond and tree colors are at the Gaylord, Michigan rest stop. The fallen down barn and house are in Cheboygan, Michigan. And a lot of color pics were taken flying down the freeway at 70 mph. (wife was driving). The smiling lady at Burt lake is my lovely bride of 36 years, Darlene:clap:. Enjoy! More in replies......nge

The bee in the rose up above was also taken at The Gaylord rest stop. More pics.......... yes I did a "selfie" in the sideview mirror of my wife's car.

The "Cross in the Woods" is in Indian River, Michigan. It is the largest redwood cross in the world. Just google "cross in the Woods" Indian River, Michigan for more history and info. In one of my roadside pics, I didn't notice till on the computer, that there is apparently a UFO crash site. You can see it in the lower right of the pic.

I must say that I love them, made me wish that I could have been there with you folks. Thanks for sharing these most interesting pictures! Kelley (Texas) :)

As you can see in my selfie, All pics were taken with my FujiFilm HS20EXR. I was having problems while flying down the highway with lighting ( I hate Auto ) The pics that came out really dark, I fxed in PSE9. The buzzard pic was sorta nasty, He or it flew over our car as we were traveling down a country road and landed in a tree almost directly overhead, that's why he looks a little blurry. I have a few more pics, will post some later......nge

Appreciate you posting those purdy pics nge. been many a moon since I've had the opportune to see the true fall colors of Mich. pics really don't do justice for its beauty. and the cross in the woods is a spectacular site in itself. my wife(being from Mich) introduced me to the Mich fall some years ago on a road trip we took from southern Lansing all the way up to whitefish point, with a layover at Mackinac Island. a time I'll never forget. :beers:

Spider, we were only about 10 miles from the bridge and it was heavily raining, so we didn't go.