Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We braved the cold rain today for some SWEET finds!

GRAY GHOST

Hello all. It drizzled cold rain almost the whole time we were there today - been waiting quite a while for this particular field to become available. I dug this SUPER SWEET 1827 dime and WT SCARBOROUGH 10 cents store token, a broken rifle sling piece, several flatbuttons, sash buckle pieces, cannon friction primer pieces, a couple of rivets, a pewter thimble, and a piece of lead sabot. Some of the pieces were found on a very short exploratory hunt the other day. The styles of the buttons [tombacs] and coins found at the site date this particular field back to around 1800 or maybe a little before. We're digging pieces of house brick in a few of the holes, so an old house or other building must have stood there at one time. Frank did ok too, but i'll leave it to him to tell you about it.

We might have got a little wet, but it was worth it! It's probably my last hunt for the year, and i cannot think of a better way to close out the year with finds like these. We'll try it again sunday. Thanks for reading and looking, and good luck!

GG.................You made some nice finds, it really gets exciting when you dig coins that old, especially silver...Looks like you have the pointed top variety on the 1827 dime.....it should bring good money if you sell it..:thumbup:

John in Virginia

Very nice hunt, VERY nice........:thumbup:

Way to go Lou! I will be giving you a call back tomorrow. I have been at fire station today. Looks like you and Frank got into a good spot. Thanks for sharing.

Wes

I wish we had that type of age in our areas

What detectors were you using to find those nice coins, tokens and relics, and about how deep where they? Keep the finds comming, love seeing the pictures.

Hello. I run with the Tesoro Tejon and Cibola. Most of my finds are in the 6" or less range, but have dug targets at more than twice that. They're both good machines, but i'm thinking about buying an AT pro or Ltd. Thanks, Lou