Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We can dream...right?

matthias

My brother and I found this gold coin in our Grandmother's attic when we were very young. I'd love to find another now with my detector. HH. Matt

Sure you can dream. And its a good goal. I seem to already have found mine and it is a semi rare one. Just don't rely on your machine meter or display. Rely on the sound.

1893.jpg

It was in a park in Salt Lake City Utah.

This one was in the water in Lake St. Clair, it was saved from drowning. Boaters seem to have lots of money to swim with.

gold1.jpg
92408before.jpg

It can happen when you least expect it. This 1876 20 Francs was found in the clay ground under a tot lot.

[attachment 241182 DSCF0235.jpg][attachment 241183 DSCF0236.jpg]

If we didn't have dreams what would we live for? That is a beauty of a coin and I DREAM of finding such. Wow. As you discovered as a young lad, treasures aren't always underneath the coil. I wish you the best in finding the second one with your detector :thumbup: Should I find one... that may require me to go straight home and change my shorts lol - Jim

matthias said:
My brother and I found this gold coin in our Grandmother's attic when we were very young. I'd love to find another now with my detector. HH. Matt

You guys are blessed to find those gold coins, those are sweet!

I've never even found a silver coin (1945 war nickel doesn't count to me) even though I spent many, many hours detecting in the last 10 months. It's starting to burn me out on the hobby somewhat, digging oh so much trash and having nothing to show for it but a few clad coins is disheartening.

Paul

Pulltab Paul said:

I've never even found a silver coin (1945 war nickel doesn't count to me) even though I spent many, many hours detecting in the last 10 months. It's starting to burn me out on the hobby somewhat, digging oh so much trash and having nothing to show for it but a few clad coins is disheartening.

Paul

Paul, all I can say is don't give up. Maybe your not detecting the right areas, no idea. Just keep at it, Where are you in the USA and what detector do you swing? Lets see what we can do to help.

Paul, you have to love the hobby despite it's misgivings. I havent found anything good in over a month. I have been fed false promises by detecting "buddies" who were going to share their spots, water or otherwise. Only to find out that they are too greedy to share. Even after taking them to my spots I never hear back from them. It is discouraging from so many angles that I often wonder why I still do it. I do it because it is my "happy place" .. even if I don't find anything. Keep your chin up !

I learned a LONG time ago NOT to show people my spots unless we have a plan to see their spots also. Its a shame but yes there are greedy people out there. LOL I posted a few of my spots on the beach and diving section and you wouldn't believe the responses I got to be quiet!!.

People will be people. Luckily in Michigan there are over 11 thousand lakes to play in and they get replenished every weekend in the summer. BUT some of my spots are just mine because I know after the old stuff is gone its gone.

This is a hobby, your suposed to enjoy it and the thrill of the hunt. I find some fasinating things. Once I find a cannon and a Thompson submachine gun, I will have completed my list of things I want to find.

You just never know what your coil is going to come across either on land or in the water. Fortunately us water hunters have a better chance to find the stuff that dumped off boats.

Ohh and if anyone thinks a Thompson submachine gun is out of reach. I dive a lake that John Dillinger owned a home on. Never know what I will stumble across out in that water!!

I hope you find your Thompson.......Had a great time Last time out on Lake......Hope to see you soon...and you need to check out the spot we talked about.....Bill

scubadetector said:
Pulltab Paul said:

Paul

Paul, all I can say is don't give up. Maybe your not detecting the right areas, no idea. Just keep at it, Where are you in the USA and what detector do you swing? Lets see what we can do to help.

Thank you for your concern, I hunt here in Western Oregon and use a Tesoro Cutlass II uMax and a BH TK4.

We all dream of that elusive target. Keep hunting and you too have that chance, Good luck to you, Beale.