Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We get some very good info on this board.

John LA

Several people are very knowledgeable and have lot of experience. I certainly would not want to anger them. I am 74 and 60 years ago we wrote differently. You guys write just like my college educated children. Capitals, periods, commas, and spaces between sentences would be helpful. Also I am not sure when the word then and than became the same word. Thanks again for the help. John

Should say, " and have a lot of experience", and I don't think you're supposed to start a sentence with Also:rofl:
HH,
Glenn

Well I know what you are saying and your right (or maybe that's correct). Seems like tech info can be difficult to understand when sentences run together.

I agree 100% I was only joking, it just struck me as funny that you made those two mistakes. I thought it was a test.
HH,
Glenn

Capitals, periods, commas, and spaces between sentences would be helpful.

You certainly don't want commas between sentences, but two spaces between the period and the capital letter is the correct way to do it. You can start a sentence with "Also," but there should be a comma after the word. Anyway, it would be nice if folks paid a little more attention to spelling and grammar -- as well as using mixed case rather than all capital letters which I find very difficult to read. I totally agree with you regarding the usage of "then"and "than" -- if you don't know the difference then please look it up!

I'm not totally serious, so please don't take offense -- my dad was an editor and I guess there's some of him in me! :lol:

punctuation

Bad grammar does not bother me unless I think it is done on purpose. The texting shorthand is creeping into everyday life and it stinks. I use google a lot to check spelling because I want to use good grammar...

r u ok ?

Julien

Ths biggest problem I have in grammar is overuse of the apostrophe. My wife pointed it out to me and I have been trying to get it right. Sometimes I will start a sensence with and or some other word that is incorrect, I guess i'm just lazy sometime... or is it sometimes... hmmm..

J

n/t

Well I never, so being able spell makes you a better detectorist?

Have you all gone raving mad, or do you think this is the spellmall forum.:biggrin:

Now you're catching on :) This is a Tech Forum not an English Literature Forum. It's more important to get the information across than it is to worry about whether or not it is grammatically correct. As we get older we have to type faster and faster as the information and ideas we are trying to Post become more and more fleeting and could easily be forgotten before we finish typing them :) If we stop to make sure that all of our grammar is correct there is a good possibility that we will forget what we were trying to write in the first place :) :) :) Oh then and than be interchangeable about the same time that there and their became interchangeable with weather and whether not far behind ;)

HH

Beachcomber