Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We Had A Good Year (pic heavy)

Bell-Two

This past year was a very good year for us. We had a lot of firsts, finding more Large Cents and Indian Heads in any previous year. Diane had several personal firsts, Flying Eagle, Half Dime, Two Cent piece amongst them. Our silver finds were not large, typically we hunt fields primarily as our main focus. Our hunting partner Doug was gone quite a bit this summer so we did not get out as much on door knocking this year. Several new field sites turned out to be very good to us.

For those that have not seen our videos here is my main hunting partner, my sweet wife Diane!

Here is our silver finds of the year.

Diane’s Half Dime.

Two of my silver finds were nice first an 1888 Canadian Half Dime sometimes called a “Fish Scale”.

The other is a beautiful 1918-S Standing Liberty Quarter in fantastic condition!

I found one gold ring this year two silver and a silver chain.

This beauty is an older style.

Here are our Coppers with a few individual shots as well.

We had a record year for buttons as well including Civil War and early flat buttons as well as some nice gilt buttons too. Many ornate suspender buckles and some Civil War items including knapsack hook and model 1863 Cavalry Bit Boss.

Many other items as well that are typical old house and field finds here in Ohio.

[video]http://youtu.be/VF0uVgaCe0w[/video]

Chris(SoCenWI) said:
Do you have any theories on why so many large cents???

Impressive.

The majority of them came from field sites where houses stood at one time from the early 1800's and the Cents being the most common coin there were more of them lost.

Wonderful! :clapping:

What are those things in with the marbles? Are they copper? I have found a few of those similar looking things out in the water, they are copper, and for the life of me I cannot tell what they were used for?
Mud

That's a good year for sure. Even better your wife hunts with you. What type of machine you using? GL/HH.

Really great year and you found some tough to find coins. Flying and fattie cents are tough enough, a trio of two centers and a beautiful '18-S SL quarter. You probably checked it carefully for the rare 8 over 7 variety. Those early SL quarters with dates are scarce but that amount of detail on yours makes it a special prize. Lots of nice relics too. You could put together some nice groupings in riker boxes.
HH-Bruce