Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend Beach hunt w/Silver and cheap rings and lots of clad

Jed in NC

Took the Nox 600 for a spin this weekend at my local beach. Spent about 7.5 hours over two days. I hunted the same areas that I have hunted over the past few weekends. We had strong northeast winds for two days that moved out additional sand. Seems to have exposed another layer of coins. In my post a few days back, I ask the question about the lack of nickels in my coin totals " Beach Hunt with new 15" coil w/Silver " Dewcon4414 brought up some valid and logical points. This outing I focused on paying more attention to the target ID's, and made a point to dig any target that I thought were valid. I think that the lack of nickels in previous hunts was error on my part for not focusing on all targets. Look at the difference in my nickel count for this hunt. I am retiring from 30 yrs in the IT field on Friday, and look forward to giving this Nox 600 a good workout on a regular basis. I love my Excal, but I am really impressed with the performance of the Nox 600 and the 15" coil on my east coast beach.

Nice finds Jed did you hunt on the beach? or water hunt? I've been doing very well on the exposed flats with the super low tides..

Mkus said:
Nice finds Jed did you hunt on the beach? or water hunt? I've been doing very well on the exposed flats with the super low tides..

On this hunt I focused on the base of the storm damaged dunes in the dry sand. One of the "Mercs" I recovered was actually laying on the surface. This beach is being hunted pretty hard, several guys are using the "Nox" as well, with great results. It seems to all be in the timing. I hunted this same area about 3-4 weeks ago and covered it pretty good. Strong NE surf moved out additional sand to expose another layer of targets. They are starting to push sand this week to rebuild dunes. It will cover up my current search area, but will hopefully uncover new areas where they are removing sand. Thanks for the comments.

Nice digs especially the old silver coins. Non beach hunters don't understand that just slight sand movements will uncover what appears to be virgin areas and storms are sometimes once in a lifetime opportunities. Every day on the beach is different. Congrats on your retirement. Now you can focus on your passion. I have 97 days left after over 42 years at the same place. I can hardly wait to swing everyday over sand. Again, congrats on retirement! I just about know how your are feeling. LOL

PryorCreekJoe said:
Nice digs especially the old silver coins. Non beach hunters don't understand that just slight sand movements will uncover what appears to be virgin areas and storms are sometimes once in a lifetime opportunities. Every day on the beach is different. Congrats on your retirement. Now you can focus on your passion. I have 97 days left after over 42 years at the same place. I can hardly wait to swing everyday over sand. Again, congrats on retirement! I just about know how your are feeling. LOL

Thanks PryorCreekJoe, and congrats to you as well!

Very nice bunch of finds. Enjoy retirement. I love being retired. No alarm clock except when I want to be on the beach before dawn. No boss to answer to except my wife.

GeorgeinSC said:
Very nice bunch of finds. Enjoy retirement. I love being retired. No alarm clock except when I want to be on the beach before dawn. No boss to answer to except my wife.

Thanks George I appreciate it.

I do the same thing I have beaches near me no one hunts and after every storm I go I’ve found mercs on the surface dating back to the 20’s after storms it’s crazy and this beach never sees a beach cleaner so that helps a lot