Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

weekend finds at an an old ice skating pond - one way signal aka "leave it behind" you will want to read this

JimmyCT

I was using my normal slow scanning speed through this area before I decided to change one tactic. Slow down my scanning speed to a near crawl. Just enough so the coil was barely moving across the grass. I didn't cover much area but its just what the detector needed to analyze and "see" the coins. The barber dime was anything but a textbook signal. This was one of these "one way signals" that was discussed in another post. This is a prime example of what you could walk right over thinking it was junk / iron. The Barber provided a TID of 22 and nothing on the 90. I was digging either way but this just goes to show, you should seriously consider digging them.
Not shown: 11 wheaties ranging from 1911- 1941.
Also, if anyone can identify or provide more information on the possible coin inside the earring I would be grateful.

Settings: GB -0
volume 25 and adjusted to a comfortable level in my headphones.
Park1 - Multi
Recovery 4
F2-0
50 tones

Attachments

• barber - Copy.jpg
    barber - Copy.jpg
    953.2 KB · Views: 96
  • button - Copy.jpg
    button - Copy.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 97
  • earring 2 - Copy.jpg
    earring 2 - Copy.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 87
  • earring1 - Copy.jpg
    earring1 - Copy.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IH Cent - Copy.jpg
    IH Cent - Copy.jpg
    864 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0742 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0742 - Copy.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 104
Nice Indian penny and nice Barber dime,...! My best guess on the one Medallion from a private religious school. I suspect the other two are also religious medallion, but maybe not with the school's name on it. They were just worn and somehow lost at the school.
Were there any old religious schools that no longer exist in your area..?? That's my guess..?? Or maybe a religious outing at the old ice skating pond.

Perhaps a Roman coin?

Great hunt! I always dig those iffy signals! Do you have the 800 or the 600? It has been so dry here in my part of Iowa that I may not get out for a long time...

Great hunt! I always dig those iffy signals! Do you have the 800 or the 600? It has been so dry here in my part of Iowa that I may not get out for a long time...
Thanks! And thanks for the reminder to include which model I’m using. I have the 800.

Nice finds Jim that coin in the earring is neat have not been out that much wifes been under the weather hopefully she will be feeling better soon..
Mark

Nice Indian penny and nice Barber dime,...! My best guess on the one Medallion from a private religious school. I suspect the other two are also religious medallion, but maybe not with the school's name on it. They were just worn and somehow lost at the school.
Were there any old religious schools that no longer exist in your area..?? That's my guess..?? Or maybe a religious outing at the old ice skating pond.
I’m not too familiar with this area other then the park. The medallion you refer to was a button. Photo labeled “image_0742” is the back side of it.
the other one you see is actually an earring with some sort of (as JCR-TX mentions) Roman coin.

Nice finds Jim that coin in the earring is neat have not been out that much wifes been under the weather hopefully she will be feeling better soon..
Mark
Thanks Mark. Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she recovers quickly.

The "roman" coin is about the right size for a Roman Siliqua. The coin alone would weigh 2.7 grams.

The "roman" coin is about the right size for a Roman Siliqua. The coin alone would weigh 2.7 grams.
Thank you for the information !