Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend finds... my oldest coin!

jkline

Well, my old buddy Ronstar decides to be normal this weekend and hang with something called, 'a family'. I decided to hit the usual places in town.

Near a sidewalk, I hit a zinc signal about an inch down. Pinpointed the target with the carrot, then flipped it out with my shovel. Almost threw it in with the other zincs... but something was just odd about it. Took it home, and oh my gosh, it's an 1864 penny. Now all you guys back east I'm sure are laughing, but out here... this coin predates my town and even my state.

Appears to be a keydate: can't see an L, it weighs 2.77 grams, so I guess is its copper bronze. And of course, i nicked it with my shovel, because that's how my life is these days. It range 12-29 on the ctx.

The person that missed this tungsten carbide ring shall remain nameless. It rang up 12 28-- a signal I normally don't dig, but it was solid and unmoving. The owner must have been a Lord of the Rings fan: it is a copy of Sauron's ring, with all the 'Elvish' writing.

The merc-- I never had a dime ring up 12 48, 12 49.. but this one did!

All in all, a swell weekend. As I mentioned to Ronstar today: I'm afraid my family is going to have a detecting intervention planned for me very soon.

Attachments

• 20210529_145216.jpg
    20210529_145216.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 112
Yeah well, I found a 1965 Canadian quarter (80% silver!) in the middle of the S Idaho desert so there.......and yes when I got back from driving 300 miles to get home I went out with him to make sure he didnt get lost.... geez feel the love. 😂😂

That’s a beauty and an oldie!! I’ll take it off your hands and I live in the Northeast 😂

Congrats on the old Indian, that's a good one!