Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

weekend finds

oneguy

Nothing special, still grinding!!!!! Took a 90mi one-way trip to the neighboring county and hit the Courthouse then the old school. Ever have one of those places where even the 60's & 70's coppers/clad were deep? This courthouse was one of those where most the newer coins were 6-8" range....I worked...lol
Got kinda tired of the deepies (did get the 2 silvers there) so I thought I'd hit the school down the street. I had popped my first plug chasing a deeper iffy when I noticed a rather upset woman next to me with her arms crossed right next to me giving me the "stink eye"! I pulled off my phones and she says "did you know this was private property? I said "no and I'll be outta here now, and sorry". She asks where I'm from, I tell her XXX and she says "do you know XXX?"....I say "yes and do you know "XXX (from her town)?"......she says "yes", etc etc. I put the plug back and she says" Wow....you can't even tell you dug?". Then she proceeds to tell me how others have trashed her schoolyard, etc. I was tired by then but I think she probably would have let me continue to hunt but I was tired and had a 1.5 hr drive home. I wanted to get that in about the plug tho.....keep them looking good. My Hotel permission didn't pan out to well, total 2 silvers & 12 wheats...oldest was 1911 wheat.......

I have had similar sites where I get deep clad that is in the early 60s that makes me growl. Also that 1964 jeff nickel is a coin that I seem to hit a lot that is deep enough to be old.

Twelve wheat pennies and a couple silver is a good day in anyone's book.

I remember once years ago when I got permission for an old country school around the farm and the land owner farmer asked my Dad if he could have half of what I found.
Dad said "Dave will have to cut that 1918 wheat penny in half for you" :)

A couple of silvers and wheat's is not a bad day.

I sure hope you asked that lady if you could come back some time. A 1 1/2 hour drive to a MDing spot is just a hop skip and a jump for me.
Anymore I have to drive 3 hours to get to a place I've never been to before.

Nice finds! Way to work for it and come away with some nice silver! And way to go with keeping your plugs neat. That goes a long way because most folk's mindset is we are leaving giant holes behind.