Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend hunt with Dr Bill

tnvarmint

Went out this weekend to an old house we got permission to hunt. Turns out the house is supposedly the oldest house in the area. Dating back to probably mid 1800s or so. We got started around 9am and within minutes Dr Bill pulls out an old nickel. We checked it out and it was a 1939. He filled in the hole only to see another nickel signal. The second turned out to be a 1942 Silver nickel. We continued to hunt the sight with the only other coin being a 1919 Wheatie. We did find several interesting "relics" from the site. I found a old buckle with "French Silver Plate" and "Giant Grip" stamped in the back. I also found a saw medallion that reads "Warranted Superior" with an eagle in the center. From what I have found it is a medallion from Disston saws used on there lower quality saws. I also found an interesting somethingorother that looks like some sort of buckle with grapes on the front. If anyone can tell anything from the picture about it I would be interested to find out more. The lid in the picture says "Hair Groom" so I would assume some sort of old hair product. Bill also found a plain button that looks fairly old. The can bottom and paper was a cool find. The paper was packed in the bottom of it filled with dirt. He almost missed it while cleaning out the dirt. It is an add for Patterson's Tuxedo pip tobacco. From reading it dates to between 1901 and 1905. It mentions their "other" brand that they have owned for 30 years being Lucky Strike. Lucky Strike was founded in 1871 and sold in 1905. That puts the add between 1901 and 1905.

Overall we had a fun day for not turning up much. The farm house had a lot of interference we think was coming from an arcing electric fence. One odd thing of note is with the 1942 silver nickel. It has a strange bubbling on it where it looks as though it is plated and as you can see in the second picture it is slightly magnetic. Anyone else ever seen this or did we perhaps find a counterfit coin? Hope everyone enjoys our pitiful finds lol.

Very cool finds Mike and excllent research on the pipe tobacco ad . Way too fun.

Thx for sharing and HH,
Moose

Very nice finds. Glad to see you guys back at it! Keep it up gentlemen!

Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac