Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weird find

Sanderling

I was beach hunting just south of the 2nd Avenue pier in Myrtle Beach last Sunday when I turned up what I thought was a dog tag, but turned out to be a crematorium ID tag. Being inquisitive I contacted Woodward Funeral Home who basically is the Central Ohio Crematory and the lady I spoke to verified that it was one of their ID tags that they use to identify remains. They do put them into urns. We both figured someone from Central Ohio probably loved going to Myrtle Beach and the loved ones spread his/her ashes into the Atlantic off the pier.

A couple of days later I found what appears to be a dental bridge just north of the pier. Wonder if they are related.

Anyone else have some weird/strange find stories?

Thanks for the reply gamiller2. I live in the Daytona Beach area and that was the first one I have ever found. I need to run what I think is a dental bridge over to my dentist's office to see if that's indeed what it is. Sort of a morbid find, but interesting.

I just hope you don't find a bodies!:blink: I hope it wasn't Mark!

I don't take those home with me anymore. I found one and told myself I'd return it the next time I went. Well I forgot about it and didn't return it for months. I never got gold from that beach during those months. Finally I tossed the thing back and a few months later, that beach was good to me again. Probably just a coincidence, but felt like some strange punishment. I like my gold, so I leave the tags alone now.

I found few of dental bridges last year with G2 on dry lake bed.
I would like to return them to owners :)

My dad lost his full peace swimming in sea and he had to find kind diver to retrieve it for him.

I found a 10K dental bridge with the old teeth still intact - carefully wrapped in cloth and tied with a ribbon. A quick dip in acid to dissolve the teeth, and off to scrap at the jewelers. Very strange find...

I think that's how gravedigger got his nickname by finding a lot of these tags that get washed into the shallows . Something I wouldn't want to find .

I got 3 of them. I keep meaning to return them to under a rock outcropping at low tide. Yeah, that explains a lot. I'm definitely doing it tomorrow.

ROBOCOP