Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Welcome to the American Ghost Town Hunters Forum

Charles B

As I look out over the landscape I dream of treasure.
To have and to hold, secret things from secret places

Who is H.Charles Beil?

My editor will tell you...."H.Charles Beil received a degree in History from Duquesne University in 1982; studied historical geology, archeology and oceanography under Skinner and other world renowned geologists, archeologists and scientists and has been an avid treasure hunter for nearly 50 years. He

Can't wait to see what pops up in the forum. I'm an avid ghost towner myself. Mostly in the north west.

Hello Dr. Tones,

Thanks for stopping by the American Ghost Town Hunters portion of Findmall Treasure Forum.
Where do you like to hunt....I'll see what I have in my files and post it.
Keep in touch.

:beers:
Cheers,
H.Charles Beil
Treasure Writer

Count me in ! Harry,I've enjoyed all the Ghost town trips the group has made in the past.

Hello Billpa,

Great to hear from you!
I'm sure you'll be seeing some pictures of yourself here; apple trees included!:rofl:
I'll be doing some work here trying to create the largest database of ghost town information on the net. These are a great group of guys and they're a wealth of knowledge.

Cheers,
H.Charles Beil
Treasure Writer

For a new forum, there sure are a lot of pages. Looking forward to checking the Georgia ghost towns out on this forum. I've found a few Indian towns, but haven't been able to go detect them or even ask the current owners permission. I know of another town that was moved that used to have a ferry run to it, but the person who owns it allows no trespassing. I might just send him a nice letter and ask anyway. All he can do is say no and he might just say yes.
Thanks Charles for moderating this forum. I found a lot of old town names or locations that I haven't researched by reading about the riverboats and their landings. Lots of these so called towns were just a few buildings, but a town is a town whether a lot of people live there or just a few. I'm not able to get to a lot of these landings because I have no boat HH.

Guess I was wrong about all the pages. When I clicked to go to another page, it wasn't about Ghost towns. I'm still looking forward to this new forum.

Hello Fongu,

Thanks for checking in. The American Ghost Town Hunter Forum was added to the top of another general forum. To see everything that I've posted simply go to the home page and scroll American Ghost Town Hunters. I've been pretty much working around the clock for the last 24 hours so this forum has a big impact.

I'll jump onto Georgia right now. Hopefully I'll be posting some sites that you haven't seen yet. I hope that you'll check in often.

:cheers:
Cheers,
H.Charles Beil
Treasure Writer

Hello Surg,

I want to thank youfor dropping in.....You just gave away what the initial H stands for in my name. lol
Not like you know me or anything!
I think you're going to find a lot of good information here. Maybe even some "secret" towns that I've been holding out on.
Remember you'll have to give me a head start gettingto them....I'm only an old man!

See you soon

Have a beer on me.
H.Charles Beil
Treasure Writer

YES!!!!! a ghost town forum. Thanks, always love to hear about old towns or where they used to be. Look forward to pics folks. Joe

Hello Joe,

I'm really glad that you stopped in.
I've got a lot of things planned for the American Ghost Town Hunter Forum.
Beginning with a nice database of ghost towns in all 50 states and Canada for our friends North of the border.
I have software that I designed for log books etc and I've written loads of THing guides that I'll be uploading.
I'm on a mission here to create the best resource onthe web for ghost town hunting.

I'll tell ya. With my ghost towns and LabradorBob's mapping ability, this is going to be incredible!
If you haven't already done so. Check out the Maps forum. I'll reseach the towns and Bob will tell you how to get to them!

Hope you drop by the forum often. Let me know which state you're in and I'll expedite some info for you.

Cheers

I second that! Most of us would not go on the hunts we go on if it wasn't for H.C. Beil. And actually Kayden the pulltabs are good for something (cancer research, dialysis,ect.) I don't know all the charities but there alot

H.Charles Beil said:
Hello Joe,

I'm really glad that you stopped in.
I've got a lot of things planned for the American Ghost Town Hunter Forum.
Beginning with a nice database of ghost towns in all 50 states and Canada for our friends North of the border.
I have software that I designed for log books etc and I've written loads of THing guides that I'll be uploading.
I'm on a mission here to create the best resource onthe web for ghost town hunting.

I'll tell ya. With my ghost towns and LabradorBob's mapping ability, this is going to be incredible!
If you haven't already done so. Check out the Maps forum. I'll reseach the towns and Bob will tell you how to get to them!

Hope you drop by the forum often. Let me know which state you're in and I'll expedite some info for you.

Cheers

Upstate NY, Capital region and always looking for a good hard to find cellar hole, then try to research the area around. Looking forwarsd to any info out there.

http://www.historicmapworks.com/Browse/United_States/New+York/Page/6/

Hello Bob,

Thanks once again:clapping:
You know....I love old maps.
To me they are like art work. I've always been meaning to get some framed. Maybe this will be the year.