Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well ET finally bit the dust:cry:

coinnut

Been having issues with ET and was hoping to make it until the winter sets in before I send her in. Not gonna happen. Already I have had the machine turn itself on, again and again, if I bump something. Also did a over voltage shut down on me while I was detecting with the rechargeables in it. Then it developed a problem with the audio. It would go from full volume down to barely audible and stay that way until I tap the side of the machine. (in the old days that would have been a short.) These days it's probably faulty software, who knows! But today, just as the 6AM hunt started, and right after my first hole, (1948 silver Washington), it decided not to feed the audio into the headphones anymore! Tried my buddies phones and they didn't work in ET either. Soooooo, I have to rely on the speaker, which is weak!! Top off the fact that I haven't found ANYTHING deeper than 6" and there you have it. I think officially I have a bum unit! I love the way this machine sorts through the junk, but I am disappointed in it's quality. So I guess I'll call Kellyco and then Minelab (NV) and ship her off. Bummed. And what's with all the clad today??? Not used to that. LOL. So here's today's meager finds.

My audio has been cutting out also, but on mine it seems to be the headphone jack.. doesnt seem to fit in as tight as the explorer.. maybe the rubber cover is thicker or something

Coinnut, what brand/kind of rechargeables where you useing? Also Jim what kind of head phones?

Coinnut----Sounds like you might have had a bad coil or unit all along, doesn't it?---Send her in--Minelab will take good care of you & you'll be "goin strong" again.---Glad to hear digitrich got fixed up with a new/good unit.---There could be others but I think you two guys both had a legitimate gripe & bad units.---I had to have Minelab replace my first E Trac--but it was because of a VERY excessively loose stand on the housing.--Loose & rattling and there was no way of tightening it--the detector itself worked fine.--Anyway, Dick replaced it early on & everything's great.--- Minelab's service is very good--they will repair it or give you a new unit.----I had an XS once that was doing similar to what you describe & Minelab just replaced the unit.------Best regards, Del

they work fine, but it seems like the jack on the etrac is not as tight and deep as the explorer.. they dont plug all the way to the hilt

That includes Australia . . . . which is why the Minelab users in Australia pay what they do for their units (no, they do not get them 50% off).

I was using the Minelab standard rechargeable pack (sealed unit). And the shut down developed after using it about 5 hours without a problem. Only shut down once for me.

that is the worst ,having to send a machine in,hope you have some kind of backup (i am sure you do) and i hope they do something quickly,they have had my X-terra 70 for six weeks now .Good luck

If Minelab has had your Xterra 70 for six weeks-something is VERY WRONG here.--Have they contacted you with an explanation?--You could call them on their toll free # and find out what the situation is.---Minelab has always been very efficient and prompt whenever I have had to send anything in.--A phone call gets a better & quicker response than email.-------Del

Thanks Del. I think it's the machine itself, since it does it with both the 11" coil and the 4x7" coil. I can't wait to get her fixed. It will be interesting to see if the results are as pronounced as Digitrich's were. This machine has been so good to me in separating the coins from the trash, that if I only got 8" on a dime I would be thrilled (but I'd take 10" if offered). HH