Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well gonna try a lithium ion batt..

Gregginohio

not cheap but std rechargables arent either..i hunt so long that my batt voltage drops really low and wondered how many targets I didn't get. .out one day and voltage was down to 4.5 volts..but I was out for 5 hrs...talked to the lithium batt guy in ca..pricey but he said if im not totally satisfied send it back for a full refund..i bought a black and decker drill with lth ion batt and it goes forever and u only charge once a year if no used much..no more nimhi..or nicads..seems to be a good response to the batteries on the whites forums ..will report on it when I try it out..

still needing a teacher in the central nw ohio area on the v3i to learn to fine tune the thing for less trash digging.....Gregg in ohio

They will work just fine but be sure to get the proper charger for them if it doesn't come with the batteries.

Mine has set since Sept .was at a lil over 12.40 volts not used since then and bat reads11.80 right now looking. You will love It ,One heck of a battery. Yazoo

took about a hour to charge...came with charger..wow good voltage..the orange orig packs are kinda shot..tried it out a bit today ground is pretty cold but it was responding lots better with good voltage,,sure makes u wonder why u were running around with a orig batt at 4.5 volts wondering why u were only finding stuff 2 inches deep in a 5 hr hunt..i missed alot of stuff...not anymore..so far so good..gregg in ohio

What voltage does the V3i show when a fresh charged li-ion is put in and turned on?

The V3i will Shut itself down well above 4.5Volts Somewhere around 8Volts but I have seen mine go to 7.8 and then shut itself off, If you have 4.5Volts showing something is wrong with your machine and your battery. The V3i will not run with 4.5Volts and you didn't miss anything due to low battery, the machine is designed to work to its full potential down to 8 volts. If all you needed was a couple more volts to get the deep stuff Whites would have supplied the machine with a higher voltage pack.

As far as the lithium ion pack, the 2900 will wear you out long before the battery goes dead unless you can swing a detector for 15+ hours straight. I have one and love it. The Nimh battery that comes with it is the only gripe I have with whites, I feel like their top of the line flagship detector should have come with a lithium ion battery in this day and age when you buy something with a high definition display it comes with the latest in battery technology. not only would they have a longer running battery they would have a slightly lighter machine even if its only a few grams. that is still a win win. On the other hand the standard pack has supprised me in that it does last most of my hunts and I have used it a lot in the past 2 years before I purchased the 2900 I did however notice that towards the end of two years the maximum run time had gone done to about 5.5 hours from 8 hours.

you've talked me in to getting some now, I got a 20 pack of ultimate lithiums for $34 on amazon.

Thanks Gregginohio just saw your reply. Checking on the advantages of Li-Ion.
I currently use 2300mAh NiMH Energizers from Walmart in a converted battery pack that last a full day when fresh off the charger.
Starting volts are 11.92 off the charger. They do self discharge if just left in the detector or on the shelf but I never go out without putting in a freshly charged pack and batteries in the headset.
So far they will out last me digging targets.

Hope you are staying warm.

ran the v31 till the batt old orange pack and v3i didnt shutoff till 4.5 volts...ill call whites and ask them about that..ran about 3.5 hrs ..but had everything turned up to drain batt faster..gregg

[size=large]There is nothing wrong with your V3i.[/size] It is regulated to run around 8v. It's not important where it shuts off. Most guys change out the packs in the 9v range.

Robert I had an effect lately with v3i the detector could n't pick up at 2" air testing a quarter and I had a fully charged the nimh whites pack so a buddie told me that could be a battery problem so I shift to alkalines and the detector could pick the quarter at twelve again. So is it true and I wonder if lithium batteries now are a kind of dangerous?

What does a lithium ion battery pack cost.

One more note, I have had my V3i shutdown on low battery twice and both times it was below 5 volts and worked great until the second it shut off.

First how do you know the NIMH pack was fully charged? Did you use a volt meter to test the pack? Did the V3i show 11+ volts.

Also the guys are talking about a chargeable LI ION pack.

I think I didn't check the voltage meter but I can remember that I picked it up from my charger where I put it that morning with led showing just red

The battery or charger could be bad. You need to check the voltage.