Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well got about 5 to 6 inches of the white stuff........................

KyBud(InezKy)

down here in the eastern KY coalfields. Had to put the blade on the old four wheeler to dig out and clean the road. I don't like snow but it is beautiful. Except fer the power being off for one night and a day. But can't do anything about the weather except deal with it. The snow is needed to put water in the ground, part of Gods plan to nurish the earth.
God Bless All,
KyBud

As long as that "white stuff" stays down in 'Tucky or up in Michigan. I think I have a severe allergy to it.

My electric was out a few hours and boy did I miss having it......almost everything runs off electric and you don't miss it until you don't have it! :rolleyes: A car had hit a pole and put over 2000 homes without electricity! Sure was glad when it came on again! The white stuff sure is pretty when fresh fallen, but we just got a skiff on grass and roofs will a little ice with it.....since it is so cold it is still with us!

Enjoy while you have it!!! :angel: May God Bless you and yours! Betty

Got about 20 inchs here in Baltimore, I Really like these days because everything is closed, you get to meet and help the neighbors, spend time with the Grandkids in the snow, and enjoy a hot dinner in front of the fireplace. A day that sets the clock's back a 100 years. Joe

n/t

I agree that God knows how to turn snow into more water in the groundwater level. During dry summers I always hope for lots of snow when there has been little rain.....we have a well and pump. If there is no water there is nothing to pump. Several neighbors have already had their wells made deeper just in case.

The folks down there are having fun driving!!!!! :surrender::help:

Most folks know how to handle it, But some don't understand you have to allow for the conditions. These curvy hilly roads can get tricky when they get slick. Sometimes you start down a hill and just have to take the ride and hope fer the best. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee UtttttttOOOOOOOOOOOOO
God Bless
KyBud

About 8 miles from Lincolns Birthplace in larue county.

you are talking about when you get a quarter inch. I head out plowing when we get a foot! :)

Have been out of power since Friday. My husband tried for over 4 hours Friday evening to drive home from work and never did make it. The roads had trees, cars, tractor trailers across them. He finally gave up and stayed a couple towns over with his brother. It was the heaviest snow I have ever encountered in my life and the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen.

It broke so many trees down plus power polls about 32,000 out of out 35,000 residents have been without power and many without water. Part of the county says it will be well after Christmas before the power is restored.

At least we had a good propane heater installed in our den so we stayed warm and took in some neighbors. We had fun actually playing cards, cooking on our camp stove and just trying to entertain. However I was mighty glad to see the lights back on tonight.

Don't miss the water 'til the well runs dry and don't realize how much we depend on electricity until we are out of it for a short or looooong while! Seems like most everything runs off electric in some way or another! Praying the power will be back on soon for those needing it and that runs the pumps for well water! Our family lived on a farm and didn't have electricity until in the 50's, but dad had a generator he used to power the light bulbs and his Radio! He loved sports and wanted the battery charged so he could listen to his ball games and such! :rolleyes: :) May God Bless! :angel: Betty