Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

well I been playing around with settings and today I am impressed

Jim upstate NY

A bit of iron testing, and today I made the etrac do some pretty amazing stuff.. if it can repeat it in the field this may turn out to be some killer in the iron. I know what I had to do may give me more falsing, especially in conductive audio but might be worth it.. I hope I can get a video of the tests.. I saw a few people ask about certain things and saying they would get one if it could do what I have it doing, and they never saw a machine do it before, and neither have I at least in on the ground tests.. I did put on the coil that came with my etrac instead of my other pro coil, not that I had any problems with the other one, but I do have a new coil on now.. I just played around till I could see what affect iron has on different targets.. Once I get some non ferrous trash rejection adjustments in the field that doesnt affect the good targets, I will post the mode for download.

by the way if your running quick mask or any pattern in high iron, make sure you accept down to at least 30 FE in the 30-48 range at least, or you will walk right over coins and other good targets.. if what I am seeing holds true, the the coin and park patterns will totally kill you in iron..

If I cant get video, I will at least take some pics of what I am testing and the results.. probably shouldn't be as excited till I get it out to a site and see, but if it can come close to doing what I have it doing I will be very happy.. now if I only had Ferrous multi audio :)

way too much iron falsing, I was testing to where it just knocked out nails or a little blip, and it would see a dime or quarter quite well even surrounded by nails and even end to end, however a quick trip across the street and nails were hitting pretty hard still.. if I knock out the nails buy discing up to 29 ferrous, I knock out the coins in most of my test...so to get the coins well you need to open it up to fe 30, but that allows too many nails to come through, I was hearing some good hits on nails on every swing.. if I bump it to 28 I quiet the nails down, but they fail the test.. I saved both patterns and will try and do a video this weekend to show.. I noticed the quarter would read a solid 29-46 when in with the rusty nails

Did you notice if you were getting any or many 46 readings that were iron?

I have been hunting in auto + but today I went with manual and it really was very noisy, even at manual 24. I was getting falses couple of feet, Two or three in every swing. Still, I think I may be able to learn to tell a flase from a good tone... I hope so. I am uncertain if it is really worth it, at least at some sites.

Did you try auto -2 or -3 with your settings? I wonder if it might make a difference with the falsing if the targets aren't too deep.

Then, there is always the Whites TDI...

J