Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

well i bought a new md

Rocknut88

Well u finally setteled on a decent mid grade detector im goin with the whites bhid maybe one day ill upgrade to an exal but i cant justify spending that kind of money just yet. But if anyone has any facts comments or tid bits on it good or bad please post it. :)

NO comment other then, I see you got the Fever........

I think you made a good decision.

I'll be watching for your post's.

Someone will chime in that actually has one with a few tips. I will tell you that it very seldom comes down to one detector vs another. It is how well you learn your machine. How much time you spend hunting. And how well you can read a beach. If you do all three well you will be successful.

good for you rocknut hope you have a blast in the water with it. i just purchased 1 myself last week. havent had much time to get out in the water but i got out 3 times in some frsh water. clad a couple wheaties and a sterling ring. i have the v3i for land hunting and thought id give it a try in the creeks and rivers around here. so far i like it as for performance i guess time will tell.. goodluck and have fun..

Congrats!
Use the search feature and search all years on this beach forum for word BHID and authors gobble-gobble and Beach Hunter. That short list of reading should get you observations and tips for a pretty good start.
Cheers,
tvr

Fever...............Your Hooked on the Hobby just like the rest of Us........RN, TVR lives right next to you I believe.......

here are some tips I have collected

---------------------------
It loves rings, ground balance doesn't work at least not in Florida. I have talked with the tech's and they say run the knob in the halfway position and you will be find. I run it on the preset position or a little higher if I can but pre set usual works fine. I always run in all metal mode when I hit a target I first look at my lights if I am shallow enough to see them. If its red I move on its iron and it's never wrong. If its yellow I will switch to disc. mode, if the sound just nulls move on it also junk battery, bobby pin, fish hook. If its yellow and you still get a good tone dig yellow will also be your gold rings. If it green its usual a coin or a silver ring.

Batteries last a long time up wards of 30 hours which is nice. A straight shaft on that model will help keep the floating coil down with out a lot of strain.

I can almost tell you everything I am about to dig before I dig it so you can learn the machine by paying attention even though I dig all good targets unless I am after a lost gold ring.
=========
One way to max your gold ring count is to leave all the low tones and high coin tones alone and just scoop the mid tones which are the nickels, pull tabs and gold rings. Time spend digging pennies can better be spend swinging looking for the mid tones

The best way to carry your Beachhunter is to either hip or chest mount the machine. You should have received a yellow and black nylon pouch with your unit, to use it unhook the control box from the handle and slip the control box into the pouch, secure it with the plastic clasps. Slip a belt through the loops to carry it at your waist. To chest mount you will need an additional strap to hang around your neck.

To get the best depth with your unit, you need to run it on as high of sensitivity as you can. I am lucky being in South West Florida that I can typically run at MAX sensitivity in the dry sand and just above the preset in the wet without getting false signals.

One of the main issues with the BeachHunter is that the coil floats, there are several ways to stop the coil from floating including attaching a sand-filled sock to the lower rod, using ankle weights, etc. Since I hipmount the unit the floating coil is not really that big of an issue, additionally I do a lot of regular beach hunting with the unit so the lighter coil is nice in that regard.

Make sure to clean your unit thoroughly after submersing it in salt water. Taking the time to do this will keep your machine looking like new for a long time and protect any parts from the corrosive effects of salt water. Make sure to separate the lower rod and rinse the inside of the whole shaft assembly. After rinsing and drying the control box, remove the battery compartment plug then rinse off the plug and dry.

Good choice going with White's can't beat their service department! I bought a used Dual Field from a detector dealer in southern New Hampshire and it turned out to have a bad coil (they left me high and dry). White's replaced the coil and gave it a Ferrari tune up! Plus gave me two extra mid section rods ( they seize up if you don't clean them regularly ) for the big total of $0.00 I just got a used excal II it's only a year old and the coil wire is starting to crack and I don't think I'm going to get out of it so lucky this time??? At least it's paid for it's self so far. I have only heard good things about the Beach Hunter ID good solid machine plus heard it has good depth to boot you'll be happy with it! HH

I love mine--i have the coil bracket support to keep it at the corect angle and have my 12 super coil mounted 180 from the standard position which i like so much better. Some say that the BHID is not good in the wet sand but i dig up finds 8-10 inches deep at times--dug a pul tab at 15 inches in the dry sand. Going to go with the Straight Shaft like dld suggests. I want an excal also, i do believe that is the better detector for in the water--it's nice to have two as well. My land machine is the DFX and hope to have the v3 by next year. I live in Il Chicago suburbs and not to much sand so when at the beach i dig everything--been fooled a couple times so don't want that special find to be found by someone with an excal braggin how good it is HA HA--HH GL Have fun

Wow guys thanks for all this information almost enough to make head explode :D, and mr beechnut I do have the "Fever" lol. And dLd I should have mentioned above Im buying this used, so its not exactly brad new from the store, it is in excellent shape, It does need to have the new orange o-ring installed, but at five hundred bucks with a bullseye pinpointer coming with it free i did not think it was a bad deal. But as always guys thanks for your valuable information and taking the time to read and post on my endless feeds for information. Gl and HH Rocknut