Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, I pulled the trigger! Now the wait begins for my incoming Christmas present!

gfatizzi

Found a GREAT semi local dealer just one state over that gave me a fantastic price on a Legend ProPack with the 1.09 updates already factory installed.
Not trying to contribute to the detector manufacturer wars but I just can't see spending exactly DOUBLE for for what I feel is the Legend's closest competitor (EQ900).
As far as I can determine, the only advantage might be the EQ's expanded TID range. I'm not a newbie by any means (been at it 27 years), so I think I can recognize bang for the buck when I see it!

Like I said before, Nokta has earned my business because the Simplex+ far exceeded my expectations for performance, build quality and customer support.
I'm one who doesn't mind the updates because it seems that every time one comes out, it just makes the machine that much better. In addition to that, what other manufacturer actually LISTENS to what the consumer wants and makes those changes to accommodate their customer's needs and concerns? Seems like a no brainer to me and the easiest justification for a detector purchase I've ever made.

Now I just have to wait for Spring! lol I guess I'll take the down time to read the manual and familiarize my self with all the functions before I head out with it. Really stoked about the 6" coil. I'm thinking I probably won't take it off much once it's installed. I'm a big fan of the smaller coils and feel that most of the good stuff is co-mingled in the really trashy areas of the sites I like to hunt.

Well those are my thoughts in a nutshell. Merry Christmas everyone! I know MINE will be extra special this year! :) HH, George Fatizzi

Last edited:
It's interesting that those who have criticized the Legend updates for releasing a machine that wasn't finished are now emphatic about how the new ML machines will be updated in the future :) . I would think the ideal small coil for the Legend would be the 6x9 if a small coil is your usual tool. I have used the 6" and it has outperformed other small coils in tough sites but would like to cover a bit more ground nonetheless. I think you will be happy with your choice.

Found a GREAT semi local dealer just one state over that gave me a fantastic price on a Legend ProPack with the 1.09 updates already factory installed.
Not trying to contribute to the detector manufacturer wars but I just can't see spending exactly DOUBLE for for what I feel is the Legend's closest competitor (EQ900).
As far as I can determine, the only advantage might be the EQ's expanded TID range. I'm not a newbie by any means (been at it 27 years), so I think I can recognize bang for the buck when I see it!

Like I said before, Nokta has earned my business because the Simplex+ far exceeded my expectations for performance, build quality and customer support.
I'm one who doesn't mind the updates because it seems that every time one comes out, it just makes the machine that much better. In addition to that, what other manufacturer actually LISTENS to what the consumer wants and makes those changes to accommodate their customer's needs and concerns? Seems like a no brainer to me and the easiest justification for a detector purchase I've ever made.

Now I just have to wait for Spring! lol I guess I'll take the down time to read the manual and familiarize my self with all the functions before I head out with it. Really stoked about the 6" coil. I'm thinking I probably won't take it off much once it's installed. I'm a big fan of the smaller coils and feel that most of the good stuff is co-mingled in the really trashy areas of the sites I like to hunt.

Well those are my thoughts in a nutshell. Merry Christmas everyone! I know MINE will be extra special this year! :) HH, George Fatizzi
George, the more I use the Legend, the more impressed I am. I have only used it at two of my hard hunted places and what I am finding makes me feel like I am only touching the "tip of the iceberg". I am so new to the detector that I am not experimenting with any of the high end features. One thing I have found are two of the most important adjustments. These are recovery and iron bias. I use a level of 4 on both. I am getting outstanding depth and accurate readings. Again, I am new to the Legend. Good luck and hopefully it will not be too long of a winter.

There are alot of good detectors out there. What really stands out with the legend is the features and performance for the price.
For the price it really can’t be beat