Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well...I took the plunge, jumped in with both feet...

jimmyk

...shot my wad, bit the bullet, damned the torpedoes...!!! Whatever cliche that applies. Received my new (to me) Equinox 600 today. Got a great deal on a barely used one from Richard at Backwoods Detectors. Great to deal with and super fast shipping. Been watching multitudes of you tube videos and a ton of the posts on this forum and feel good about how to set it up and use it. Been a detectorist since 1979 and have used a LOT of different detectors. This one looks super promising. Currently use an F 75 and have had great luck with it. Will now see if the 600 will be my go to detector. First I have to clear the 9" of partly cloudy (snow) that hit us in Western Missouri last weekend. Looks to be awhile, but as they say, patience is a virtue.

I do a lot of coin hunting. Have kept records since I started. I found my 25,000th coin last month. But my first love is Civil War relic hunting. Have dug over 9100 bullets over the years, along with all the camp brass that goes with it. I hunt camps and one particular battle site the has a large portion of it on private land. The land owner and I go way back and only lets me hunt his 270 acres. Have dug lots of shell fragments along with a 3" rifled artillery shell (unexploded) and a six pound solid shot cannon ball. Unfortunately, it's hard to find any new spots and the pickings are getting slimmer. Hope the Nox will be able to help me pick through the iron and get a few more pieces of history.

Looking forward to posting my results here.

Thanks for letting me reminisce and keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Welcome to the Club! I was using an F70 before the Nox

Good luck, and post pics of those finds!

Been reading your posts for a long time, Jimmy. Good luck with your new 600 and let us know how you get on with it.

Welcome to the Equinox zone Jimmy K! Last snow and the next one {Friday nite} are putting a hamper on detecting time here in Missouri, I have a foot on the ground yet. The good news is the ground isn't frozen. Good health, New detector and a New Year life is good!!
Jeff in North Missouri

Welcome the Nox side! you'll like the machine!

Sounds like an amazing detecting resume. Damn!! I was a long time f75 user and I know your gonna absolutely love the nox.

Best of luck to you with the Nox. I have just dealt with Richard on a nice used Minelab Safari. I'm waiting for it to arrive as I speak. I am a relic hunter here from Georgia. My present MD is the Whites MXT PRO. Let us know what you think of the 600 on relics. I hope this finds you more relics that may have been previously missed by others. Go Getem'.

Look it's a 600. I'd say you jumped in with one foot- nothing wrong with hop scotch. I got the 800, both coils, custom headphones and pre-ordered the SteveG shaft. That's both feet!

Then again, I need a twelve step program that will let me stop and dig targets...

I'm 74 years old on a fixed income, so I went with the system I felt comfortable spending my hard earned money on. Did some research and saw the 600 performs equally well (Minelab's words, not mine) as the 800. Sure, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it will go just as deep in the ground as an 800. I don't begrudge a person going first class and popping for all the extras. But life is full of choices. I felt the prudent thing for me was to go with a little less on a detector I've never seen, but only read about. I don't think the extras will ultimately put more targets in my pouch because of the extra settings. Especially with my style of hunting. I don't gold hunt, so I wont miss the gold mode. In many cases, it's not the detector that gives the best results, but the operator. I'm in my 49th year of detecting and have recovered over 25,000 coins and over 9100 Civil War bullets. At this pint I'm comfortable with the decision I made.

jimmyk in Missouri