Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well,it finally happened....

Dan-MO

Our 1 year old mini dachshund -Molly - will stand at our glass patio doors and drive us crazy barking at the squirrels that come to the bird feeders. When she is let out she will ferociously charge the squirrel's barking her fool head off. The nimble little gray squirrels will scatter and head up the trees and Molly has never came close to catching one.......until today.

I heard her barking at the doors earlier today.....ignored her as long as I could ....then opened the door. She roared out of the house as usual....when suddenly I heard a terrible commotion. Yelps of pain, horrible growling - sounded like a pack of coyotes going at it! I rushed to the door and looked out to see Molly in what seemed like a life or death struggle with a large fox squirrel - nearly as big as her!

I will say one thing......Molly wasn't backing down, but neither was the squirrel! They went at it for several seconds until both had enough. The squirrel ran up a tree and Molly ran to the house....both to nurse their wounds. Neither was hurt badly. Later today Molly was back at the door barking again at the squirrels. This time when I let her out she didn't quite charge as fast as she has in the past. Seemed she wanted to give them plenty of time.....and make SURE they went up the trees! I don't think she has any real interest in catching another one!

She looks at the window, and when the squirrel is at the bird feeder, she bolts out her dog door and chases.. She has not caught one of these yet [although she has caught her fair share of squirrels] , but give her time.

Meanwhile, she is entertained. :):

calm seas

Micheal

n/t

in 3 different directions. Guess they remember where they last saw a Grey squirrel. Every so often they catch one. Squirrels are pretty agile for sure. My cats take more of them than the dogs for sure. Cute dog.

Right now with the snow here, they are not getting a lot of traction to get to them as fast.

Geo-CT

just though I would ad my two cents worth of pet humour, we don't have squirrels here in oz but on a recent holiday our fearless mutt Kojak decided to round up a pair of emu's until the tables turned on him and as you can see in the photo he learned to run faster than he thought he could straight back to the car and continued to bark out the window, now that's a tough dog.

I almost missed the little sucker ahead of the bird!!:thumbup: Hahah That is a great picture and I can just imaging what was going through his little head.

Thanks for posting it

I soaed yer azz up at the lake. :rofl:

really used restraint, mainly because I was not sure if you could swim. I could not have gotten wetter and it would have been sooooooooo easy:rofl:

n/t