Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well this is bad luck on my order

greenmeanie

I was #2 on my dealers list and he is only getting one with about a month wait.
I am getting my deposit back and see how this detector pans out now so I will just keep using my CTX.
I wish you guys all luck.

My dealer said the same thing today.. We may have the same dealer. lol

I'm gonna stay in the queue for mine, another month is not a big deal at this point.

Ouch, that sucks.

Wow, now that is limited supply.

greenmeanie said:
I am getting my deposit back and see how this detector pans out now so I will just keep using my CTX.

I'm 15th or so on my dealers list......looks like it could be a long month or more of waiting for me as well. I can still hunt with the CTX(poor me) lol what a problem to have!!

I'm glad my order has no money down that may change things for me,thats bullcrap,im going to call my guy and offer him an extra 200-300 to bump me up to number 1...money talks and b.s. walks

[size=large]My distributor said that Minelab was hoping to get most of the orders filled this month.
Too, on my list, I have a few prepaid but I tell everyone if they can get one before I have one available for them, to get it and just let me know. That way there is no money for me or the customer to worry about. Richard .
[/size]

Thanks Richard. You made it pretty clear that Minelab is expected to have most of the pre-orders filled by the end of the month; I am amazed that here we are, with machines "on the move," and people are STILL so mad that they are "cancelling." This is NOT the time to cancel, of ALL times...but who am I to judge?

I would just urge folks to be level-headed, and don't act hastily, on emotion, or you may end up regretting it, later...

Just my opinion. To each his own. I'll be happy whenever mine shows up...

Steve

pghmole said:
I'm glad my order has no money down that may change things for me,thats bullcrap,im going to call my guy and offer him an extra 200-300 to bump me up to number 1...money talks and b.s. walks
Look at that.. I almost got caught up in the hype lol I'll wait my turn

pghmole said:
If he does bump you up to #1 let me know who he is so that I will know not to ever buy anything from him.:ban:

greenmeanie said:

Sounds like a dealer that wants to keep what he gets and sell for higher profit on ebay.
I assume it is a dealer you cant mention on here or you
would post who it is so everyone who ordered from them would know the same as you.
I am number 2 on my dealer list and my buddy is number 1
and we both paid upfront at our option not required.
I was afraid I would blow my money before it got here.
My dealer has not said anything about only 1 detector or exactly when he is getting them
and minelab as a company needs to get on here and clarify if dealers are only getting 1 or not.
We need facts not rumors.

Chris

NCtoad said:
If he does bump you up to #1 let me know who he is so that I will know not to ever buy anything from him.:ban:[/quote

]I guess you didn't read my second post,I didn't make the call and reconsidered after I realised how unfair that would be,im sure quite a few dealers would take me up on that if i was to stoop that low! but forturnely i came to my senses,I could afford to pay A LOT more to secure it on day one IF i really wanted it that bad..but I considered other people who are ahead of me.. after the initial disappointment on the allotment of machines went away and the reality of what I said sunk in i retracted my statement,I'm pretty disappointed with myself for even thinking about it,I'm number 4 on the list with my guy and I can live with that.just so you know money is no object to me but morality is priceless!

Minelab had hoped to have the Equinox out months ago and one thing led to another until we are in February with units starting to trickle out of Malaysia. With dealers being notified that they can expect 1 - 3 units depending on what had been pre-ordered, that leaves a large void of what people want versus what p[people will be able to get in the near term.

It is great that Minelab HOPES to have the pre-orders cleared by the end of the month but realistically, there is a large number of units that need to be built and shipped to meet that demand.

We all hope that they are caught up by the end of the month but time will tell as days are ticking by and the first shipment has not hit the dealers hands let alone the customers hands yet

Monday I am going to check where I am in the pecking order for delivery. I have waited this long. A couple more weeks will not make or break me. I would like to see more videos from the beta testers now that the Nox is actually shipping. If they have more video available to post that is.

pghmole said:
Look at that.. I almost got caught up in the hype lol I'll wait my turn
Good for you !
It would have been an interesting test for the dealer. If he shanked someone in the back for a few $$ it speaks volumes.
It may have been YOU the next time !
You made a good decision IMHO

HH
Tom
LFOD !

I have $1000,00 in found quarters to give to a lucky dealer when I go get one all found on the beach! That need a home..

You need to clean out some space for messages.
Tried to answer you-but your box is full.

Sorry to say but there is NO WAY I would order one of these units under these circumstances. When a manufacture is this far behind with this big of a demand for their product quality suffers. No if ands or buts. The guys working on the floor may want to build a quality product but the bean counters upstairs only see the demand and how much money is to be made. Sadly they are the ones who call the shots.
I have worked in manufacturing for over 30 years and know that corners are cut when demand is high, employees are forced to work long shifts and quality control is forced to open up specs or to allow small defects to pass through.
I will wait awhile (like anyone has a choice LOL) and maybe purchase towards the end of the upcoming season.

mrsspk said:
Sorry to say but there is NO WAY I would order one of these units under these circumstances. When a manufacture is this far behind with this big of a demand for their product quality suffers. No if ands or buts. The guys working on the floor may want to build a quality product but the bean counters upstairs only see the demand and how much money is to be made. Sadly they are the ones who call the shots.
I have worked in manufacturing for over 30 years and know that corners are cut when demand is high, employees are forced to work long shifts and quality control is forced to open up specs or to allow small defects to pass through.
I will wait awhile (like anyone has a choice LOL) and maybe purchase towards the end of the upcoming season.

There's an opportunity here for Minelab to take us on a Factory Tour (video) of their new Equinox Production Line. :thumbup:

Great Idea mrsspk. :clapping:

Rich (Utah)