Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went E-Trekin' on Saturday

coinnut

Did another marathon 12+ hour hunt at my Barber place. Silver is getting harder to come by but I did great. Lots of different stuff here. A lot of newer stuff along with some good old stuff. A real nice silver ID bracelet from around 1900, and an identification tag that you either made for fun or was given to you when you took the trolley to the top, also around 1900 - 1920's. A neat New Mexico emergency school tax token (5 mills on purchases of 25 cents) (two cents to the dollar). A nice silver tie clip also early 1900's. A couple of V nickels and 2 Indians, some early wheats and a good luck charm (that read Silver Quarter!!!!). Lots of exercise and a great day weather wise.

Glad to see you up and runing! Is the new machine working ok? From the pics it seems so, lots of nice finds!

Um........ was a bit lazy last week and never sent her in, addicted you know:rofl: Took her out half working and she still did great. Mostly a volume issue now and some annoying shut downs, not headphone capable, those sort of things, but nothing with the actual performance or I wouldn't have taken that machine. I need her now and the season is ending soon. If it were a one week deal I would have sent her in already. Hoping to make it to the end of this season. That E trac sure loves those shallow iffy signals my other machine misses.

Man i hear ya! I just got back from a two hour hunt and it seemed like everything clicked. I dig so little trash now useing the E-Trac over the F75. It's nice to be able to tell the diffrence between a penny and a silver dime, a bottle cap from a silver quarter etc. In both tone and number ID.

Diffrence in both tone and number ID between a memorial/wheat penny and a dime/silver dime.

For me, in the rough mineralisation I hunt in, a Zincoln will read around 12-35. A wheat around 12-36 or 37, An Indian 12-38 or 39, a clad dime and a memorial 12-43 and a silver dime 12-45 or 46. These numbers are close and tend to overlap. In a park setting they may be stable, depending on your program. But in dirt with iron and minerals, they can drift some. Hope this helps.

Must be my soil conditions then. Memorial/wheats are 12-40-12-43.....all the 12-39 and lower "dug many" have all been screw caps. clad dime and silver dime are always 12-44-45-46 depending on the angel. Coinnut, do you hear a higher tone for dimes? If you were to put a dime "clad" and a memorial do you get a diffrent tone for each?

Sorry I hunt relic mode, ferrous, 2 tones, so I hear the same sound for any target that is not iron. Because of the sites I hunt, I dig any non ferrous target. I let the numbers tell me what it probably is. Even this park I do, is really an old picnic grounds, and not a traditional grass park. Yes the screw caps are right there in the mix. Because of the bad soil, and if the Wheat is at least 3-4" deep, I get a much lower reading. Sometimes it bounces vertically up the conductive side, 4-36, then 12-36, then 28-36, and back to 12-36. So it wants to read the conductive side as best as it can, but the ferrous side can wander. If you pinpoint it exactly, it settles down a bit. My memorials and clad dimes read the same. Maybe someone else can give you better numbers for where you are located. HH

its amazing,,, most of the detectors i have owned the language is so diferent... i personally believe the tone tell me more than the read out.. i know with the excal. i could tell the diference between a penny and dime and a dime to a quarter. still could not master that chunk of aluminum from a chunk of gold.......:>} i cant wait to cumpletely understand my e-trac.....

mikeB