Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went On A Short Hunt Today - Round Brown Areas Everywhere

flinthunter

I've been waiting two months for enough rain to hunt a very old park that produces a good coin or two every trip. After yesterdays rains I decided to drive the 40 miles and check it out this morning. There were round brown spots all over the park. It was disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised if they ban metal detectors there. If I were the caretaker of the park and had any pride in the way the grounds looked I would be screaming at the village board to ban detectors. I am sure that no one on this forum would do this but please help pass the word to others to respect both public and private properties. A mistake or bad judgement by one person reflects on the rest of us. People can and do perceive the mindset of a group by the actions of just one. Daryl

You are right, we try to teach our membership proper retrieval methods. This includes no digging in grass areas during dry days. Just keep your eye out for these rookies and take the time to politely talk to them about areas banned due to methods of digging. Carry a list of local clubs and web sites they can aquire more knoledge from. Invite them to a hunting day when it is moist ground. This is self defense if we want to keep the parks open.

Sad scenario but little we can do except try to educate those who will listen.