Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went out Saturday

JoeinMemphis

I took the CTX 3030 to a house built in 1849 to see what I could find. The CTX worked great, but still no silver. I was using Gonehunting's settings - GREAT settings BTW, thank you Gonehunting! If you are a relic hunter you will love the machine, the home site supposedly saw CW action and the pic of the cylinder in the ground was picked up with the coil 8~12 inches ABOVE the ground. I was checking out 5 acres that the property owner recently purchased and I thought for sure I had found a crushed can, but I figured what the heck I would dig it anyway. I dug, and dug, and went and got a real shovel and dug some more, 12" down I hit the most shallowest part of the cylinder and thought case shot?? Well as I kept digging around it, it became too long to be anything worthwhile. As near as I can tell its a cast iron pipe, but it might have come from an old house that is no longer there.
The Geo Hunt function is incredibly helpful, I hit 5 different areas and FP'd all targets as I found them, when it all was loaded into the computer when I got home I was able to assign the names of the finds I wrote down to the FP's, so now I know where I was, and what I found to help me choose where to hunt next time. The property is 45 acres, so every little bit helps, I had been using a handheld GPS and previously had to do everything the hard way. The GPS accuracy is pretty good, but not perfect even when running in "enhanced", but is good enough for this application. Battery life is excellent in both the machine and the wireless receiver. I hunted most of the day and it just slightly showed a decrease in power. Hosing it off is so nice, but I still REALLY miss my Sun Ray probe!!
HH
Joe

I have been smelling it for 4 years now, so far the best I have come up with is 2 war nickles, and 5 or 6 wheat's... I am stubborn enough to keep hunting it for 4 more years just to see :shrug:
HH
Joe