Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine

miserman

Upon receiving the March 2019 edition of Western and Eastern Treasure Magazine, it was announced in "From The Editor" section that March 2019 would be the last month for printed editions of the magazine. I have enjoyed reading this magazine for over 50 years after having been given hand-me-down copies from my Grandfather in the late 60"s. The magazine had a big part in peaking my interest in the hobby. The articles and photos that were printed monthly helped to drive and inspire me to seek all the treasures that were waiting to be found. Although it will continue to be available in digital format, being able to sit in my favorite chair with a copy in hand will be greatly missed. On the bright side, they have stated that by having issues online only, they will be able to bring more material than would fit in the print magazine. Our hobby is ever changing in many ways, but this latest change feels like a lose and the magazine itself will be greatly missed. ...... Thanks For Looking

I didn't see that in my issue but I'll look again. Lost Treasure has already quit publishing. I heard that they were going digital only but apparently not because they have also shut down their website.

miserman said:
Upon receiving the March 2019 edition of Western and Eastern Treasure Magazine, it was announced in "From The Editor" section that March 2019 would be the last month for printed editions of the magazine. I have enjoyed reading this magazine for over 50 years after having been given hand-me-down copies from my Grandfather in the late 60"s. The magazine had a big part in peaking my interest in the hobby. The articles and photos that were printed monthly helped to drive and inspire me to seek all the treasures that were waiting to be found. Although it will continue to be available in digital format, being able to sit in my favorite chair with a copy in hand will be greatly missed. On the bright side, they have stated that by having issues online only, they will be able to bring more material than would fit in the print magazine. Our hobby is ever changing in many ways, but this latest change feels like a lose and the magazine itself will be greatly missed. ...... Thanks For Looking[/quot
Yeah that sucks! my Dad is 86 and he still detects and loves to get the magazine hes not a computer person!

I just recently, (October 2018 ), renewed my subscription to Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine plus paid extra for a copy of their Silver & Gold issue, I paid the higher price to get the hard copies sent to my home. At the time, there was no mention of them going "digital" at all, and if I remember correctly, one "could" subscribe to get "digital" copies for way, way less money. I feel cheated! Now they want to rip us off by offering their on-line crap for the same price as having the actual magazine delivered to your house! I rarely get on this computer, I don't want a "smart phone", I would rather just get a damn refund!