Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What "1st" did you find in 2010 and what is on your list for 2011?

Larry (IL)

I found my first half dime, 1841 and I would really like to find a US silver dollar in 2011. I did find a British silver trade dollar, 1804 a couple of years ago, but still looking for that US dollar. I know they are out there.

First things first:

On my "want" list for 2011. I don't believe in wishes. You cannot plan wishes, but you can plan what you want. Here is what I plan on digging in 2011:

• A New Jersey Colonial Copper
  • A Revolutionary War Button (All of my military button are post 1790)
  • A Gold Coin

Here are some of my firsts for 2010; there are so many more, but these are the best "firsts":

First 3 Cent Piece:
1851%20Trime.jpg

First Spanish Silver:
010-1.JPG
012-1.JPG

First Half Dime:
100_0050.jpg
100_0052.jpg

First 1700's Silver Jewelry:
100_0422a.jpg

My 1st in 2010 was a 1888 Morgan Silver Dollars.... maybe my best ever.
2011 I'd love to find a Gold Coin.

Grrrrrr.............:veryangry:

She is a beauty Rick.

I found my first Liberty Cap half Cent and Vermont Copper this year. My wish list would be a three cent piece, love the design.

I just started detecting in 2010 so my first find in 2010 was the love of the hunt. My first silver was that banged up 1784(?) ish 1/2 reale, my first IH 1863, my first button a 1775-1800 , The great information from this site about the detector and my finds. What I'm hoping for in 2011, anything that you all miss, seriously I've been looking at the stuff you all find, leave some in the dirt for me please.

I managed a handfull of firsts through 2010.First barber dime,first silver spoon,first six silver day,first silver half,first gold ring,and first coin in the 1800s (1887 v nickel).Of course like most others,a gold coin is on my list permanately.:biggrin:

Tater and I discovered in 2010 that the more we metal detected, the more our body fat percentage went up, so we have cut back on metal detecting, but treated ourselves to a New Years' day metal detecting trip. My finds for the first day of the year - a rusty men's ring and a fake diamond pendant! :)

Hi Sonya, sorry to hear about the body fat.......... now I know what my problem has been all of these years..........:rofl:

It was nice hearing from you and hope you and Kate had a good Christmas and New Year.

Could that body fat increase have coincided with the "i" upgrade? (Anything "polar" makes my body store fat....and now suspecting there's science to back it up so....gonna run with it!)

Thanks, Larry - Kate and I hope you and Nancy have a wonderful new year with your best finds yet to come!

Oh, and we are back on the program now, what with ice climbing season upon us - no fun to drag up that extra weight...

Cheers!

Sonya :cheers:

Larry (IL) said:
Grrrrrr.............:veryangry:

She is a beauty Rick.

Thanks Larry!