Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What a detector :thumbup:

Hi John

I have not done extensive masking testing yet, but I have heard other testers are quite impressed. On my scales it weighs 4.6 lbs ready to hunt, 5 lbs with the DX-1 on. Hot Rock reject on the DFX is now called Hot Rock and the scale is reversed from the DFX and is like the XLT. The lower the # the more rejection.

Larry (IL) said:
Hi Eu,

The depth is awesome, results vary for users, but for me a marked improvement and that is with the Vision right out of the box. White's put a lot of time into the Vision thinking and tinkering. I'm glad they did not rush it onto the market. We all owe Carl and the White's team a big hand. :clapping:

Larry,

Sounds great, I have low to medium mineralization in my area, so if you get good depth so should I. :detecting:

I've talked to my dealer and should be one of the first to know when it arrives to Sweden. :cheers:

Page 12 of the field guide is a feature called (Ground Probe) which determines the severity of your ground conditions.... weak or strong ....that's a very nice added feature.. one of many.

HH

Rob in ca,

Hi Larry,

Decisions like that always puzzle me. Why would lower numbers indicate more rejection? Seems backwards.

Steve Herschbach

Hi,

On the Vision it is all-metal sensivity and disc sensitivity. On the XLT and DFX it was AC sensitivity and DC sensitivity. I never could keep them straight. You'd think A meant All metal and D meant Disc but it was the other way around. Same with TX and RX. Why not just call it Transmit and Receive? Ditch the engineering acronyms.

Steve Herschbach

I agree and that was a problem at first because I kept complaining of all of the +95 targets on the early models. Of course, no manual either. Once informed, it works like a charm.

The name of the Hot Rock control is now viewed as accept and not reject. Nice thing about the control is the this feature can be completely turned off. The plus numbers are for accepting hot rocks and the negative numbers are for rejecting and a 0 is a do nothing state by not incrementing (accept) the audio or decrementing (reject) the audio. With this being said I found myself running the Vision with this feature just turned off,

Bob@Whites

Hi Bob,

OK, gotcha. Just have to fix my brain, not the control. Hot Rock Accept, so increasing the number increases the acceptance of hot rocks.

My mine at Moore Creek has some pretty nasty basalt hot rocks that give VLF units fits. The GMT does not do to well in them as it is just non-stop grunt, grunt, grunt. The MXT does better in relic mode key forward suppressing the iron grunts but still on the noisy side. Really a place for a PI like the TDI but I have some trash laden camp areas where some good iron disc will eke out some nuggets and maybe some old coins. I suspect I'll be able to tweak the Vision there for smoother operation than I'm able to get with the MXT. Be interesting to see the response of the hot rocks in analyze mode versus the gold.

I know that prospecting was not the main goal of this unit, but with gold at $900 oz and me with a place where 1-3 oz nuggets are semi-common I expect I'll quickly pay my Vision off in June with gold. But my main use for the unit is going to be gold jewelry. Heck, it might even get me interested in coin detecting again.

I wish White's would come out with an elongated 3" x 18" DD coil like the Tesoro Cleansweep. I've got a Bigfoot I'm hoping will work on the Vision but I'd prefer a DD over the figure 8" design as you get weird results on the MXT and M6 with the figure 8 and a soft spot in the middle with the DFX. That Bigfoot was the main reason I owned a DFX. I've never been all that enthused about the DFX but the I had to have the DFX to run the coil. Great for sports fields and other large areas looking for shallow jewelry. A rare case where a coil drives detector sales.

Steve Herschbach

Steve, the Bigfoot works OK on the Vision as long as the TX boost is not used, at least on mine. The DFX version Bigfoot also works on the MXT and M6. The Bigfoot works better on the MXT than on the DFX because of a double beep indicating if the target is under the top or bottom half.

Hi Larry,

My Bigfoot works better for me on the DFX due to the consistent target response from one end to the other. I find the reversed tones from front to rear with the MXT and M6 to be confusing.

Steve Herschbach