Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What am I doing wrong

Every time I turn my Equinox 800 off, I loose all my settings. I thought once I made my settings ( say in Beach 1 ) they would be automatically saved. If I turn my machine off, and back on, all my settings are gone. Threshold, tone break, tones, iron bias, etc. What am I doing wrong?

I dont think youre doing anything wrong. Have you tried a factory reset?

My settings stay the same between hunts. You may have a problem.

I have done factory reset and re programmed. Same issue. Thanks

Jason in Enid said:
I dont think youre doing anything wrong. Have you tried a factory reset?

My settings stay the same between hunts. You may have a problem.

+1.

Dean

Thanks, real annoying having to reset everything each time I go out.

You have not been reading the manual have you dear ?

When you put your settings in the machine into which ever mode you are saving them . On the right side on the side there are 2 button . The top for pairing headphones and the lower for saving programs .
Press the lower one with the symbol looking like a pair of shoulders with a head on it , holding it in till it makes a noise then its saved .

BUT FIRST make sure you are in the detect and not still in a program change , wont save otherwise.

You can change all the programs to whatever you like by doing that in each program .

If you want to change it again then do different settings then press and hold the button till the noise tone happens .

Nuke em said:

When you put your settings in the machine into which ever mode you are saving them . On the right side on the side there are 2 button . The top for pairing headphones and the lower for saving programs .
Press the lower one with the symbol looking like a pair of shoulders with a head on it , holding it in till it makes a noise then its saved .

BUT FIRST make sure you are in the detect and not still in a program change , wont save otherwise.

You can change all the programs to whatever you like by doing that in each program .

If you want to change it again then do different settings then press and hold the button till the noise tone happens .

No, hes not talking about the user profile button. Hes talking about losing all changes made every time the detector is turned off. That is not what is supposed to happen.

Jason in Enid said:

No, hes not talking about the user profile button. Hes talking about losing all changes made every time the detector is turned off. That is not what is supposed to happen.

I thought he was a she LOL Carolina .. And i called him dear , oh s*** .

Dont forget the machine has to be in detecting mode before the user profile button is pressed or it wont save settings . I did that too when i first did the setting changes .

I have heard if you try to alter all the mode changes one after another without saving by switching off the alterations will not be saved.

Try one programme mode at a time then come out by turning off. Go in again and do the next mode etc. and shut down again.

Good luck

Thank you all, but it seems my machine has issues.:sadwalk: I have only tried to save one modes programs at one time before powering down. Now I notice that no matter what mode I'm in, Park, field, gold, etc. When I power off and then back on, it always starts in Beach 1. No matter what mode I'm in when I power off. Nuke um, it's CarolinA like the states not CarolinE like a girl. It appears you did not read my name. Just kidding with you. Pissed about my machine. I have had a CTX for five years now and am of the mind set that the user profile button is how you quickly return to a previous mode say for checking targets in a different mode. I don't think it should come into play saving settings in each individual mode. Either me or this machine is screwed up!:rofl:

\"Carolina\" said:
Thank you all, but it seems my machine has issues.:sadwalk: I have only tried to save one modes programs at one time before powering down. Now I notice that no matter what mode I'm in, Park, field, gold, etc. When I power off and then back on, it always starts in Beach 1. No matter what mode I'm in when I power off. Nuke um, it's CarolinA like the states not CarolinE like a girl. It appears you did not read my name. Just kidding with you. @#$%& about my machine. I have had a CTX for five years now and am of the mind set that the user profile button is how you quickly return to a previous mode say for checking targets in a different mode. I don't think it should come into play saving settings in each individual mode. Either me or this machine is screwed up!:rofl:

Carolina is a girls name too . I just didn't think about the state's . :laugh:

Only other thing I can think of is to ensure the Nox is fully re-charged. Even if it is showing full, just go through the motion of charging again. Fingers crossed......

Thanks for your time and input. Fresh off the charger ready to go. Thought I would program my settings before heading out. Then I realized I had issues. Thanks again. Once I program and leave it on it seems to detect properly. If I leave that mode and come back or power off I loose my settings. Thanks again.

Carolina --

I can't remember the ins and outs, and can't even remember for sure what I read, but I read about a known but, that has something to do with if you are in a mode, say Park 1, and then you change setttings, and THEN you press and hold the user profile button to save the settings you've changed...it's something like if you then continue to hunt in the "user profile mode," and stay there, and then shut the machine off with the machine still using the "mode" you saved in the user profile (i.e. you never went back to Park 1 mode but stayed in the "user profile" mode), when you shut the machine off with it using the user profile mode, your Park 1 settings will get reset to default when you power back on (again, this happens if you power down with the machine still using the "user profile" mode).

I THINK I'm remembering this right.

Now, if you are in Park 1, and change settings, and then power down at that point, you should be able to turn the machine back on, and it will come up in Park 1 mode with the changes you made still saved.

Likewise, if you are in Park 1, and change settings, and then press and hold the user profile button to save the mode, and then GO BACK to Park 1, before shutting off the machine, THEN the changes you made in Park 1 WILL be saved (and you'll still have your "custom" program saved under the user profile button).

I may be way off base here, but I think I have this right; and even if I am correct, in any case I'm not sure if this relates to your issue or not.

Steve

Thanks Steve:
My machine has issues if I read page 22 correct. If I turn my detector on and go to Park 1, and make changes to that modes profile, say threshold, tone break and iron bias, and then return to Park 1 detect mode and power off, when I turn the detector back on, it should be in Park 1 and my changes saved. With my machine if I did that it would start back in Beach 1 and no changes saved in Park 1. No matter what mode I power off in it will start back in Beach 1. No matter what mode I make changes in, when I power off and back on no changes saved. It seems to work fine otherwise and I can hunt in whatever mode I wish, but power off and it's all gone and will start back in Beach 1. Thank you for your time and trouble,

Thomas

Be careful that you don't hold the power on/off button too long when you turn the detector on or off or you'll do a factory reset on it. Just a quick push and release on both start up and shut down or you risk doing a factory reset without meaning to and you'll lose all your changes.

A few years ago I was testing another brand digital interface model and it too wasn't saving on power down.
It 'self-remedied' but the maker was puzzled how it got past QC"