Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are the best CO #'s for old Indian heads? The high 20's ? or low 30's & how many old I.H.s have you found in each CO 20's / 30's ?

McNickle

n/t

early 1860's ih pennies were mostly nickle and copper content giving a lower CO reading between 20 to 27 and ferrous showing around 00 to 11,12. the later pennies were bronze and copper with CO readings of 30 to 36 and ferrous between 08 to 12. remember, depth and angle affect the signal as well as other things so you cant be to sure. if it beeps, dig it! 2 weeks ago i had a target read 12-22 solid but it sounded a little differant so i dug it up. turned out to be a pull tab with a 41 merc inside the hole! just lucky i guess.