Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are the Fresh Water Lake hunters setting up ???

I am running a heavily edited coin program 27 line discrm and minimal rejected. auto sens +2 or +3 traget trace target trace pinpoint and pin point sizing combined audio. ferrous coin or low trash Just wanted to see if anyone else is having luck with other options

I've given the freshwater lakes a shot, unfortunately haven't had any success yet. Some observations I made was that I need to discriminate out the 1-06 to 1-09, Lake Huron if full of rocks that come up with that FeCo, and avoid those real deep targets, usually end up being a scrap of metal I don't want. . I haven't gone in very deep, waiting for waterproof headphones, not much luck on shore either, found wide open was too overwhelming with all the foils and garbage. Definetely notice the ctx goes deep on and off shore, just haven't perfected beach hunting, its a lot more difficult than inland.

I'm "trying" to do some water hunting around Dallas and I'm running a modified coin program, too. Just left in the everything a few ticks either side if 12 Fe and opened up a couple big blocks near the top around 1-40. But, my cheap scoop won't get me down into the muck to retreive the targets I'm seeing. I'm not certain if they are gold or junk. But until Don at North Georgia Relics gets that Sunspot scoop I ordered to me, I won't be able to find out. I hope it shows up early next week.

hey im here in waco and i just got my 3030 yesturday. i had been using a excal and a etrac. i want to find some water spots to hunt. its been a bit hot and dry to land hunt.... if you need a hunting buddy im sorta near by... pm me if you got a moment..

mblemmy said:
hey im here in waco and i just got my 3030 yesturday. i had been using a excal and a etrac. i want to find some water spots to hunt. its been a bit hot and dry to land hunt.... if you need a hunting buddy im sorta near by... pm me if you got a moment..
I'm up in Flower Mound. The main lakes around here are Grapevine and Dallas (Louisville). I've been to Grapevine but so far the beaches haven't exactly been sand. Mostly mud/clay or rock. There's a couple of us around here (Flower Mound) who keep in touch.