Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are the odds of these 2 finds?

Dan(NM)

My day started off with an eyeball find at the post office. I spotted a round object on the ground as I was walking into the post office. I didn't look at it closely until I got into my car. I thought it was some costume jewelry at first until I saw some faint lettering on it. Still, not thinking much of it, I drove 5 miles to hunt a new beach on the lake I've been hunting. I picked a spot and was doing some sampling and not having much luck, very few signals. So, I drove to a new spot and started hunting. First signal was a penny, a good sign, walked about 20 feet and got a solid 21 signal. I thought for sure I was digging a zinc, much to my surprise I found another piece of turquoise jewelry. It's been a while since I've found a piece of turquoise, here I am today with two! Not much else was coming out other than clad, so, I decided to head home and eat lunch.
After taking a couple of pictures of my finds, I enlarge the pics and darn near fell outta my chair. The 2 pieces of jewelry are silver and they are made by 2 Navajo silversmiths from different states, but, the makers are related to one another. The pieces were found 5 miles apart, the large one in the parking lot and the small one at the lake. That's one of the many things I love about this hobby, you just never know what weirdness is going to turn up.

Attachments

• IMG_20200127_173815094.jpg
    IMG_20200127_173815094.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_20200127_174210839.jpg
    IMG_20200127_174210839.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 193
I love the look of turquoise and silver together, it’s a great combo. As far as the “chances” regarding finding those two...probably not very good. This is one of the true pleasures of being a treasure hunter who is always “on”. We see treasure where others may not...the entire world is our oyster!

I love the look of turquoise and silver together, it’s a great combo. As far as the “chances” regarding finding those two...probably not very good. This is one of the true pleasures of being a treasure hunter who is always “on”. We see treasure where others may not...the entire world is our oyster!
I used to find some cool turquoise jewelry in New Mexico.
I'm always scanning the ground everywhere I go, totally ingrained habit from swinging a machine for years. I even do while I'm driving :)