Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are the odds?

MSG Hoff

Nice find Fire Fighter 43...I found one today too!

I was hunting an old church (3rd time with the Vision) and got a VDI reading of 83 at 8". Was expecting a quarter and was quite surprised when this 1898-S half popped up.

J.R. Hoff

Makes for a mighty nice day of hunting:clapping:

Thanks everyone. I have been following this forum since is started. Excellent information, especially the one about the ground probe. I have been hunting this church (built 1843) since the 1970's. I know just about everyone in the county with a detector has also hit it. The first time I used the Vision there, I got a 1914 Barber dime. The second vist a 1937 Mercury and an 1888 Indian head cent. This third time I found only 4 coins: a memorial at 4", another at 5", a clad dime at 2" and this half. It was located at the bottom of a tree about 6 foot in diameter. I thought for sure I would be fighting roots, but it was easy digging in nice soft black dirt. I did the happy dance for sure.

Congrats on the half. There is nothing like seeing that big silver come out of the ground. That's cool that you found the same date and mint mark. What are the odds?. Yours looks in better condition than mine. I looked it up in the 2008 Red Book and in good condition, which is what mine grades at, the value was $28.00. Not bad for one coin.

"I know just about everyone in the county with a detector has also hit it.".................... I haven't.....where is it?:razz: Nice half!