Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are the positives using the Stealth X-12 coil ? :detecting:

roadapple

I would like to know what Qualities the Sunray stealth X-12 coil has with the E-Trac. What depth, separation and quality of sound produced from targets ?

Wow..... no response... what the heck ? I guess no one uses this coil or just maybe the X-12 is one of the best-kept secrets out there ? Who knows.

I think Bryce Brown did a report on this coil in the Explorer forum.. Maybe you could click on there and check top posts .......

[size=large]Here it is I added a link..Hope this helps you[/size] !!!

Silver Dime Grand Slam
Sunray X-12 Coil: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1282723,1282723#msg-1282723

Thanks Elton, I appreciate the posting, however, I've seen that article but it was from 2010 and with the SE detector not with the E-trac. I was really wanting to know if any anyone is using it now with there E-Trac and how it was working for them ? Thanks again.

it performs the exact same way ...AWESOME...as it does on my SE.:beers:

I just don't post my finds on this forum.

It might even perform slightly better because the E-Trac is a smoother running machine than the SE. (less chirping and falsing)

As to how it would perform for you?...no way anyone can answer that for you. It's something you have to try for yourself if you can.

I don't think I've heard any bad comments on the Sunray X-12 over the years though..and you don't see them turn up for sale used very often.

As for my honest opinion...I love it.

Thanks for replying Bryce-IL, It's very nice to actually hear back from the guru of coil testing !! I frequent your page on coil testing and appreciate your honesty in the functionality of each coil you put through each test, also to mention the incredible finds you have discovered. As for the stealth X-12 coil I do believe I will give it a go. If it has half the qualities and stability of its sibling the stealth X-5, and brings in greater depth, it should definitely be a solid keeper. Thanks again.

I really like the X-12 coil. It's my favorite large coil on the E-Trac. It's very light weight, it pinpoints great (for a large coil), and loves to wrap around and find those coins that happen to be on edge in the ground. Sunray's X-12 is my "go to" large coil for fields and spots that most trash has been removed. Can't say enough good things about all the different size Sunray coils period...

Well now, I purchased the X-12 coil. I only had time for a 1 1/2 hour hunt for its maiden voyage. I went to a spot that had been previously gone over numerous times by several MD':detecting:ers and various detectors, Including myself.The coil married up very well with the E-Trac In terms of light weight and ability to swing. I really didn't expect to find anything based on the pounding given to this particular spot, however the X-12 proved to be a very deep and stable coil. Finding three wheat pennies at approximately 8 1/2 inches deep, a nickel, four Lincolns and one piece of kids jewelry.The coil seem to perform better for me on auto +3. I did try manual 24 to 27 which caused it to be a little bit noisy (I need to experiment more) . I'm just curious if any other X-12 Users use manual and at what settings ? So far I'm quite pleased and impressed with this coil ! Thanks for the return responses.

I'm sure there are times that manual settings can be better but I usually run my E-Trac in auto +3 with the X-12 coil. I have an old site where a bandstand was back in the 1930's that has been beat to dead over the years. I found several older nickels that amazingly showed up after putting on the X-12. Great coil...HH

roadapple said:
Well now, I purchased the X-12 coil. I only had time for a 1 1/2 hour hunt for its maiden voyage. I went to a spot that had been previously gone over numerous times by several MD':detecting:ers and various detectors, Including myself.The coil married up very well with the E-Trac In terms of light weight and ability to swing. I really didn't expect to find anything based on the pounding given to this particular spot, however the X-12 proved to be a very deep and stable coil. Finding three wheat pennies at approximately 8 1/2 inches deep, a nickel, four Lincolns and one piece of kids jewelry.The coil seem to perform better for me on auto +3. I did try manual 24 to 27 which caused it to be a little bit noisy (I need to experiment more) . I'm just curious if any other X-12 Users use manual and at what settings ? So far I'm quite pleased and impressed with this coil ! Thanks for the return responses.

Hey there Tracyjm, I completely agree that the X-12 coil is great ! As you stated how it "amazingly" finds coins when others have passed over. The separations and smooth clear sounds produced from the X-12 is looking to be amazing for me as well and in Auto + 3 was a solid performance. I do now and then like to push the coil to it limits in manual. My only problem right now is finding the time from work related travel, to take the time needed to really put it to use on a full days hunt. But that's my problem and I do appreciate all the feedback I can get about how the X12 works!!! :detecting: