Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Are These ? Are They 1800's ?

Danbythecreek

Lets try this again!

Has anybody seen these buttons before and know what they are? These buttons were found just a few feet from the seated quarter & inches from an 1800's token which leads me to believe they're from same time period. Sure hope someone comes through because I just love this find! And on another note! How about them details on that quarter :clapping:

IMG_20210727_221945.jpg

Hey Dan, nice findings.
I need some photos of the reverse, to see if there is any type of inscription and to see what the attachment is like. At first, I thought they were buttons for the Confederates, but after searching a bit, I rule out that possibility. They had A- Arillery, C- Cavalry, I- engineers ... Etc. But an S, I can't find.

Someone mentioned the possibility of special police :unsure: Hopefully I can show a new find from my planned hunt this morning on this cool little site. It's always a hit & miss here as the homeless sometimes congregate in this little secluded area.. If not a cool find maybe a cool pic or 2 ;)

Dan, you can put a sharper photo. No lyrics? o_O

It is possible that the button is from the same period as the coin, since this type of coupling has been used since 1885. Some sources say that since 1805.
Now it is necessary to know if they are from Jeans or a uniform ... :unsure:

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20210923_022908_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_20210923_022908_LI.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 128
I think the S stands for Superman……..😳

That seated quarter is sharp, probably dropped before the civil war started.
Seated coin still on my bucket list.

That seated quarter is sharp, probably dropped before the civil war started.
Seated coin still on my bucket list.
Thanks! There's a seated dime I found nearby but towards the bottom of the creek that looks like it was dropped the day it was minted.. beautiful dime but has a blackish patina

Here's a pic taken under magnified glass. I don't see these being from a pair of jeans. I'm leaning towards a uniform / coat as the smaller button may suggest it was from a cuff

IMG_20210923_201905.jpg

Almost looks like an older snap rather than a button….?

I've consulted thousands of buttons yesterday and it doesn't fit any of any civil war uniform. At least, of the acquaintances.
This is a push button, like I said yesterday. I guess it's missing pieces ... That's why I pointed to you with the arrows in the photo.
We will continue to investigate. :shrug:

Just an example:shrug:

Attachments

• HTB1O0uGXDwKL1JjSZFgq6z6aVXaP.jpg
    HTB1O0uGXDwKL1JjSZFgq6z6aVXaP.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 107