Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are your bin profiles and tones and why

Davy crockett

Hello again everyone.

On your programs I'm using the combined tone. My question is this, for those who use the combined tone where do you set your bins and assign your tones.

And more importantly, what is the reasoning for your decisions.

I've been using the following and I'm using it on ever program so I get the same tones with my different modes, at least for now and then I will branch out in the future and try other things.

Iron bin. 19. 120

Bin1. 1 to 10. 310

Bin 2. 11 to 25. 495

Bin 3 26 to 37. 800

Bin 4. 38 to 50. 1200

These are my settings strictly for older coin hunting.

Iron bin- 28. I like to keep it fairly high and err on the side of digging a little more iron. Frequency 100. The lower the frequency, the less annoying the sound of the iron. Too low however, and it becomes harder to judge the size, shape, and presentation of the target by sound, which can be important if you're trying to ferret out good targets co-located with iron.

Bin 1- Trash bin 1-9 (remember, this is coin hunting). Frequency 300. I keep it high enough to know that it's not iron but low enough to know that it's something that I don't plan to dig.

Bin 2- Nickel window 10-15. That's a fairly wide spread to catch older nickels. If it reads 6" or more and bounces in and out of that range, it's an older Jeff, Buff, or V. If it gives a nice clean tone and falls clearly within the window, it's a shallow beaver tail reading deeper. Frequency 500.

Bin 3- Trash bin, either 16-27 -or- 16-37. Frequency 300, same as bin 1.

Bin 4- Copper-Silver. The range depends on the site. 28-50 if it's old enough to contain indians, 38-50 if it's not. Frequency 1000. It gets my attention without being too annoying.

My sites are pretty roached out, so anything that reads deep and gives a peep of a tone in bin 2 or especially bin 4 gets dug. The target ranges I use work pretty well in my dirt, which is fairly consistent, but I will open them up from time to time just to see if I've been missing anything, or if I am hunting a new site.