Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are your silver dollars comming in at.?

utahshovelhead

Im doing some scanning and surprisingly my silver dollars come in under 1 40. in fact 1 38. I know the numbers change a bit but it seams in conductive that everything is a bit lower than the E trac was. Is there a simple change without going to ferrous that will push these numbers up?

according to the TID file I have which was put together by some other members namely Digger, no dollar coin should come in that low assuming no interference from any other nearby targets.
Just now on an Eisenhower 71 I tried high trash low trash ground coin and ferrous coin at the lowest I was able to get 1240 and that was sporadic, for the most part everything was 1241 or higher.

utahshovelhead said:
Im doing some scanning and surprisingly my silver dollars come in under 1 40. in fact 1 38. I know the numbers change a bit but it seams in conductive that everything is a bit lower than the E trac was. Is there a simple change without going to ferrous that will push these numbers up?

Simple solution. Stop trying to make the CTX behave like an E-Trac! It's NOT and E-Trac and the sooner you learn to treat ti like it's own thing, the sooner you will really learn it.

Good reply Jason, now if you could just tell me what your silver dollars are coming in at you could answer my question.

Im thinking 1 38 is really low for an 1887 silver dollar. As what im reading puts them at higher numbers.

Well, something sounds wrong

Silly questions but you have tried it in different locations? Maybe another dollar coin? Tried changing sensitivity? Tried a reset? Tried closer or further or away from the coin? Any other CTX'rs in your area to test it against?

Maybe your dollar coins are only silver plated! I would look into that as the numbers do not sound right at all. Make sure that if you are scanning them with your hand, you are not doing it with a ring on your finger that could bring the numbers down as well.

The 82 o reads lower and has quite a bit of black tarnish while the 90 cc shines bright . I can actually tell the different tone from one to the other . Neither has much wear .

Using Low-Trash or High-Trash silver dollars will read on the FE 1 line and in 41-43 range in CO. In Ferrous-Coin and Ground-Coin they read 12 Fe and 43-45. Those numbers can vary some depending on ground condition other targets near by etc. digger, gonehunting, and myself providing target responses for the initial TID sheet that is in the Resources Form.

Thanks a bunch guys. Im going to run some tests of both silver and gold coins this weekend and check out the comparisons of that list. I appreciate your help.