Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are your thoughts... some yrs ago I thought about replacing the original headfones ( bilson) on my cz20...

Mark ( ohio )

They work just fine but are so damn uncomfortable and suck in windy conditions. I hope to beach and water hunt more this yr so I need to upgrade to a waterproof/comfortable headset.

First, what brand should I be looking to (ie; grey ghost,) or something similar.
Secondly, Is it easy enough for a DIY'er to make the switch or do I need to send it off somewhere?

Men, what do u think.

Mark ( ohio )

You can replace the ear pads with gel ones; more comfortable. And reduce wind noise by covering the open hole in the headset with tape and using flexible putty to seal around where the wires enter the back shell. Both measures reduce wind noise a good bit. I have not replaced the entire headset on mine.

Can you solder? I can track down the fittings you need If you want to go that route with inline connectors. Also you could do a good splice and seal which would work also. One thing for sure, I would not recommend opening the CZ up and doing it that way. I do have pictures on how to but best not to open.

Reactions: tvr
Grey Ghost or Tony Eisenhower as far as WP head phones.