Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What are your top gold jewelry producing sites?

mikezap

If you had to make a top 3, excluding beach/water what would your list look like?

1. Parks in nicer areas
2. ANY field where adult activity takes place
3. Soccer fields (Players take jewelry off before game/practice & leave/loose it on the sidelines!)
:pulltab: DIG aLOT of junk & "iffy" signals! Surprises await!! Make sure you're finding Nickles too! HH

Tot Lots, parks where there have been concerts and then parks where people have congregated for whatever reason.

1- tot lots
2 - parks
3 - soccer fields
HH
John

Totlots and snow piles, where the plow pushed up in a parking lot...full of trash too, but if you get there after it melts, you may even get an eye find. You will get clad and even bills.
You gotta target your hunting to places girls have been, or where guys that have a propensity for wearing large gold have been drinking and fighting. If you are finding 9mm casings, you are in the right spot! HH
Mud

I mainly hunt relics but during the hot months I hunt old coins and jewelry. Most jewelry I find are in the tot lots. Two weeks ago I found three rings and 33 quarters in one tot lot. Two of my buddies were hunting in there with me and each of them found rings as well. It was the best tot lot hunt I have ever done. I am sure it had never been hunted due to the amount we found. Other places that I have found rings and other jewelry were in soccer fields, baseball fields, parks, beaches or other swim areas. My best ring was a beautiful gold ring with a large diamond found behind the little baby swings in a tot lot. The best advise I would give you is to google the parks in your area and go on a tot lot blitz. You can hunt them pretty fast especially early mornings before they get busy. Now you are not going to find jewelry at every site but it is a numbers game the more you hunt the better luck you will have. And check every signal. Most don't have much trash but you will find some. Good luck and have fun.

onthemove said:
do you have too get permission to hunt on school grounds or tot lots?

All depends on where you live. Big cities like Atlanta. YES (Usually) I recently got kicked off a school yard/tot-lot by the cops 'cause they had had some Copper thefts at the school. Even though I was with my pregnant wife & OBVIOUSLY not a Copper thief! ALWAYS set a good example & Fill your holes & pick up trash!! Call the parks dept. where you live and introduce yourself & the local cops too! Offer your assistance anytime they need someone with a detector! In other words, be helpful & not a thorn in their side & usually you'll have NO Problems! :pulltab:

I feel your pain Oak.

Another good one in Calif is under ski lifts if you can get permission, and dry lakebeds if water goes down considerable in the fall.